• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project files and workbook for Substance Painter 2021 Getting Started tutorial

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link on YouTube to download those files is broken.

https://youtu.be/-ZbmRsOnApk?feature=shared

Can anyone tell mw where I can find those files?

A lot of old links to tutorials are broken.  Any suggestions for tracking them down?

How about the model for the Texturing Characters in Substance Painter tutorial?

https://youtu.be/57ybKwtYoV4?feature=shared

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

The link under the video indeed bring me to the front page of Learn Substance 3D, but that's where you'll find the dedicated page of the tutorial with all the assets (I should have precised it in my first message). So, don't worry, no problems on your end.

I'll contact the person in charge of these videos, so we can add the link straight to the tutorial instead of the front page of Learn. 

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that searching for the tutorial title on YouTube has worked well usually.  Unfortunately the links under those videos have been hit and miss.

Searching here, unfortunately, has rarely given me useful results.  So far anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @toddg33,

The documents are in fact available in the link in the video's description and doesn't seem broken (let me know if this one doesn't work for you).

Regarding the character from Magdalena Dadela, this was her sharing her workflow and method, not the assets. Therefore, we don't have access to the 3D model.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... the link on YouTube takes me to the front page of Learn Substance 3D here:  https://creativecloud.adobe.com/cc/learn/app/substance-3d

I also arrive there when trying links I saved a couple years ago, such as https://substance3d.adobe.com/tutorials/courses/Getting-Started-with-Substance-3D-Painter-2021/youtu...

Does that link work for you?  Could I have some strange problem on my end?

The links in your post do work for me, thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link under the video indeed bring me to the front page of Learn Substance 3D, but that's where you'll find the dedicated page of the tutorial with all the assets (I should have precised it in my first message). So, don't worry, no problems on your end.

I'll contact the person in charge of these videos, so we can add the link straight to the tutorial instead of the front page of Learn. 

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I'll contact the person in charge of these videos, so we can add the link straight to the tutorial instead of the front page of Learn. 

That would be great!  I don't imagine the idea was for old links to stop working.

I tried again, and from the front page of Learn Substance 3D, I can't find the spiderbot tutorial, or the character painting tutorial, by using the search feature.  

I see now that I can find it if I click through to page 6.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources