• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reloading extrenal textures

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there's a way to automatically reload textures?
Our pipeline uses Marmoset Toolbag for baking and Substance Painter for painting.
While Toolbag automatically updates and reloads everything you overwrite externally (which is really more helpful than you can give it credit for) unfortunately Painter does not.

So after rebaking the textures I'll have to manually find all of them in the textures shelf and select "reload texture". Then, after repeating this for all 5 or so textures I'll still have to re assign them to their dedicated slots (as in: the AO map goes to the AO slot, the curvature map goes to the curvature slot... etc)
Or I can open the ressource updater, hit "update all" and close it again.

This workflow feels very cumbersome, not what I expected from a modern software like this. Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Baking , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Hello @NilsDeitmers,

Unfortunately, you're not missing anything. This is currently not possible to automatically reload your files, but let me consider your message as a suggestion and I'll bring it up to the team!

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @NilsDeitmers,

Unfortunately, you're not missing anything. This is currently not possible to automatically reload your files, but let me consider your message as a suggestion and I'll bring it up to the team!

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a joke, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources