• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shelf missing options such as tools, Particles, Color Profiles etc.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am using the Substance Painter (Steam Edition) version 7.3.0 build 1272

The project I am working with was built with a previous version of substance and it warned me that it would need to update it to make it comptable with this update , which I did.

I was looking for the Stitch tool (I've not used it before) and was having difficulty locating it in the shelf.

According to your own guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CKHKjAtAOw , It says select the brush tool and go to shelf and select the Tools category 

I could not find this category in the Shelf or the others either such  Particles, Color Profiles etc,

but if I search in the shelf I can locate the assets, but this means I kneed to know what to look for - is this correct ?

(See attached Image) 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

In the current version look for those brushes in the shelf under Starter Assets > Presets > Tools

Particles is also under Starter Assets > Presets > Particles

LUTS are in Starter Assets > colorluts

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current version look for those brushes in the shelf under Starter Assets > Presets > Tools

Particles is also under Starter Assets > Presets > Particles

LUTS are in Starter Assets > colorluts

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to help my son learn this. He has a similar problem, many of the defaults are missing. he's running 7.4.0

When you click on the "hide non-applicable folders" it shows more but they are grey'd out

See attached snapshot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, he's trying to follow along the standard spider bot tutorial and we cannot find the grunge maps. the interface seems to have changed since that tutorial was recorded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simply search for "grunge" in the search filed to find them back or navigate using the breadcrumb at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the folders are greyed, it looks like you have a filter applied (in your screenshot it looks like the materials filter is applied)

Click where circled below to reset all queries and those folders should "ungrey"

2021-11-27_21-14-06.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED.  They were hiding in a new area as the interface has changed.  

Found a perfect answer on reddit:

grassytree3264

If the video is from before this past summer thereā€™s a perfectly reasonable explanation. A few years back Adobe bought Substance Painter from a small company called Allegorithmic. Since then itā€™s gone through very few changes, but then in June or July they completely Adobefied Substance Painter and changed the UI a little, changed the logo, and changed the name.

Anyways. Iā€™m not looking at Substance rn but grunges should be under masks or smart masks or something like that. Iā€™ll hop on in a few minutes tho and try and find them tho and edit this.

EDIT: So if you're on the default UI, the shelf should be on your left, correct? If it is then what you're gonna wanna do is look below the search bar and you're gonna see about 8 icons. You want to click on one of the ones on the right side of it, it's the one that looks like a woven basket or something, and when you hover your mouse over it's gonna say "Textures". Click on that and you'll find all your grunge maps.

We did try searching and nothing came up. not sure why but it does now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick replies & tips. If I had kept watching the tutorial for an extra 2 mins it shows me how to search even on the roughness attribute! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awsome psot it may help me - i try and get help 

do more psot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources