Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter Crashes When Loading Any Project

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently got Substance Painter through Steam. Depsite my computer not meeting the minium specifications the program still opened and ran normally for quite some time until it stopped responding due to a roughness slider input that probably asked too much of my computer. Since it seemed to be permently stuck in a non-responsive state I manually ended the task in task manager. After this, the program would open, but, whenever I tried to create a new project or open a previously created project (even projects that come with Painter) the program would crash. I uninstalled the program in Steam and reinstalled it, but the issues continue. Strangely enough, when I opened Substance Painter after reinstalling it, the program somehow knew that it had crashed on its previous launch before it had been uninstalled. I also tried validating the program files in Steam. This showed that 14 files had problems and would be fixed automatically. Despite this, the program still crashes when creating or opening projects. All this makes it seem like some program files (that remained despite the uninstall) might be corrupted. Is this something that can be fixed, or is this some sort of bug that can't be sorted out since my computer doesn't really meet Substance Painter's specifications?

I'm attaching my log.txt file in hopes that it helps dignose the issue. The main issue that I could see was that the 'Fragment shader failed to compile'.
Thank you very much for your help,
Micah

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When doing the reinstall, have you tried a clean install of Painter? 

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Geoffroy,
Thanks for your suggestion. I did a clean reinstall of Painter including cleaning the registry with CCleaner, and while it did get rid of all the presets and the program's memory of previous crashes, I'm still having issues. Now Painter crashes somewhere between selecting a new project's settings and actually loading a project. The log file (which I'm attaching below) still ends with the ominous information about the fragment shader failing to compile.
Thanks again for your help,
Micah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources