• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird shapes on bakes mesh

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me identify or solve the problem for my 3D model in Substance Painter? When I import my model as an FBX from Blender, I learned that before starting to do anything you should bake the mesh. So, I baked the mesh, unchecked the normal and ID. But then (I suppose it's Substance) adds some weird triangles on the mesh. I tried to check if the problem lies within my Blender model, but I can't find any issues there, checked for double faces of vertices, I applied the scale and rotation and that doesn't seem to be the solution. Maybe someone here knows the solution? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Baking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Do you have any overlapping UV islands? You can check that when unwrapping in Blender.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any overlapping UV islands? You can check that when unwrapping in Blender.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that was indeed the problem. I did not realise that all the loose objects that share one material need to be in the same UV map. Problem solved, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, I'm glad you got it sorted.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same problem with a model created in Rhino 7, can you post a tutorial for this? how dis you solve the problem in Blender? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources