• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance 3D in Blender: [Code_Response.toolkit_not_running_error] Error while updating the Substanc

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Im on a Mac trying to install the plugin but when i try to install the integration tools it shows me this message Captura de pantalla 2023-04-26 a la(s) 2.26.49 p.m..png, can you help me please?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Blender , Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

@Michael_DeJong0108  Knowing it's on Linux does help. The add-on is intended to work primarily with CentOS distors, so if you are on another flavor of Linux you may encounter issues like this. We're looking to expand support where possible.

That being said, another member of the community on Discord did share a fix that worked for them. Could you try the following?

"For anyone else trying to run on Arch or other distros, this is just an installation error. To fix it, install the blender plugin,

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is a known issue and we are currently working on fixing it. Please expect an update from us soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same problem on my Linux. If you need some feedback for the resolution, just let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2024 Aug 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having this error over a year later, with Blender 4.2

Did you ever find the solution you were working on?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael_DeJong0108 , this issue should be fixed in the latest version of our plugin here.
If you still encounter it then we can inspect your console log for a more detailed readout of the error that may pinpoint the cause.

On Windows, this can be done easily by navigating to the top menu bar in Blender and choosing Window > Toggle System Console.
On Mac you will need to launch blender from the Terminal app using the following code:

cd /Applications/Blender.app/Contents/MacOS
./Blender

Make sure that "Blender.app" matches the directory name in your applications folder.

Once that is done, try re-installing the plugin with the console log open and share a screenshot of the log here when the issue is encountered.

Best,
Aldo

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Aldo.

Unforutnately I am still getting the same error and have been using the latest plugin(s)

I am on Linux, does that help understand why I might be getting the error still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael_DeJong0108  Knowing it's on Linux does help. The add-on is intended to work primarily with CentOS distors, so if you are on another flavor of Linux you may encounter issues like this. We're looking to expand support where possible.

That being said, another member of the community on Discord did share a fix that worked for them. Could you try the following?

"For anyone else trying to run on Arch or other distros, this is just an installation error. To fix it, install the blender plugin, use it to install the integration tools (which will fail). Then delete the files installed in ~/Adobe/Substance3DIntegrationTools/ except for "version.txt". Finally, unzip the Substance3DIntegration tools .zip into ~/Adobe/Substance3DIntegrationTools/ and restart blender. It should work now."

Aldo

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief!
Yes that works!! 🙂

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it!
We'll document this on our add-on troubleshooting page while we expand support.
Do let us know if you have any other feedback.

Happy Blending!
Aldo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions