• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Substance plug-in in Maya 2022.1 update

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating (-> removing the previous version) Substance and updating Maya 2022 to the newest version (which is a full install) the Substance plug-in and menu item is nowhere to be found, the Substance shelf is empty. Forums only say that it should be installed with Maya 2022. I have manually removed and reinstalled Maya 2022.1 and the Substance plugin is not installed, not can I find it in the Maya install folders. Apparently, there is no separate install for 2022 on the website (only for 2020 and previous versions). Is there a solution for this out there?

TOPICS
Autodesk Maya , Bugs & Crashes , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

@Áron5E3A  If it gets removed after an upgrade, we can see about ensuring that the most recent build is published to the website and updated there. There's some things we have to change with signing before that can properly be done, so if you wish, I can share the 2.1.9 installers with your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Áron5E3A! Let me get back to you on this, I'll see if I can figure out the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Áron5E3A  If it gets removed after an upgrade, we can see about ensuring that the most recent build is published to the website and updated there. There's some things we have to change with signing before that can properly be done, so if you wish, I can share the 2.1.9 installers with your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well...any chance I could get the updated installers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello --

I am also having this issue - access to an installer for the most recent build for Maya 2022 would be a god send. Please help!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if we can just get it uploaded, although it'll be a bit of a manual process. The next version, 2.2, shouldn't be too far out, but it will still be a bit before that's released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! In that case, I'm fine waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2.2.1 plugin is uploaded now, including a 2022 build. The website will need its interface updated to add the download link for 2022, but that should be done soon.

Release notes and documentation updates for 2.2.1 will be posted later, as well as communication on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broken with Maya 2022.3

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Adobe Substance 3D for Maya/2022/plug-ins/substancemaya.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
//
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified procedure could not be found.
(substancemaya) //

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with maya 2022.3 I've got same error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled Adobe Substance 3D for Maya 2022, reinstalled from main site.

Did this get compiled against the wrong API version? I took a glance at the python workflow plugin, but that seems to have a dependency on the main plugin.
2022.3 x64 

Adobe_Substance_3D_for_Maya-2.2.1+2022-41-x64-win

Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Adobe Substance 3D for Maya/2022/plug-ins/substancemaya.mll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you have the same problem I've had... but if you have houdini installed probably this is the problem.
You need to copy substance_linker.dll from substance\lib folder and paste(overwrite) it in the houdini\bin folder.
My error was "...line 316...../substancemaya.mll The specified procedure could not be found.".

source here https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=35175.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yes, just installed Houdini 19 and Maya 2022.3. This makes perfect sense. Away from workstation at the moment, but I bet something is getting put in the env or path and stomping on the correct dll path, which is a shared library between apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, here is the order it is in the PATH env

C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 19.0.455/engine/maya/maya2022/../../../bin;
C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Adobe Substance 3D for Maya/2022/lib;

Thanks again @ds22757928jxkt !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no Houdini or Substance paths in my Windows PATH env, so I've just overwritten substance_linker.dll file. Do you mean setting the two software's path in the env Path with the right order lets the plugin to work? I didn't try that but it would be a perfect solution, working with updates too.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue for Maya 2023 it's giving me // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: The specified procedure could not be found.
(substancemaya). 

Why is everyone talking about Houdini? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JOSIAS_6197 , is this also occuring when enabling substancemaya.mll? The following has resolved the issue for some users, could you please try moving the file "substance_linker.dll" from:

C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Adobe Substance 3D for Maya\2023\lib

to:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\bin

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, this method did nothing for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Houdini installed as well @Suprithik29630395dv0t ? If so, you could try coping the substance_linker.dll in the Maya folder to the one in Houdini's to repalce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having this issue too! And I recently installed houdini. Where in my houdini projects foulder should I be copying this path to? Please let me know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try adding it at the top level of the project folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the issue in 2022, 23 and 24. I also have Houdini installed.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved the issue, Thanksss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions