Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance 3D plugin for Unreal Engine 5

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

As you may have heard, Epic announced and released Unreal Engine 5 yesterday, and we are excited to announce that we have released a soft launch of a new version of the Substance 3D plugin compatible with Unreal Engine 5.

If you're interested in testing out the new plugin, you can download it directly from the Unreal Engine Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/substance-plugin.

Stay tuned for the official release, and if you have questions or comments, please reach out to us here. Thanks!

TOPICS
Discussion , UE4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jakob, we just released an update with a fix to this issue to the marketplace. Glad to hear this is working for your project now!

Cheers,
Aldo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Substance 3D for Unreal Engine and not only did all the past textures break, but now I can't adequately install the new ones. HELP what is the problem? Can I download an older version of Substance 3D for Unreal Engine somewhere?photo_2022-06-05_04-33-23.jpgphoto_2022-06-05_04-30-34.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here for the same thing, seems like the latest update broke some things:

- The master material's name changed from Substance_Basic_Template -> Substance_Standard_Template. This breaks all of your material instances since it removes their master material... I don't suppose there's any way around manually going through and re-setting the master material on every single material instance in your entire project?

- baseColor now seems to be plugged into World Position Offset, but why? @Bogdan24732937f4fw this is your issue, btw. Just Show Engine Content and search for Substance_Standard_Template (it's in Engine>Plugins>Substance In UE5 Content) and unplug baseColor from WPO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @uJelleh, I'm sorry to hear about this. In the process of updating templates for the UE5.0 release, some of the templates in the previous version needed to be removed or reworked into updated versions. No templates should be removed in the future as we continue to finalize them in the beta. For now, these will need to be relinked manually by opening the material intance and chosing "Substance_Standard_Template" for the parent.

As for the baseColor node, that connection should not be there. We'll be updating that shortly.

Best,
Aldo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bogdan24732937f4fw 
Hi, 

What version of the UE plugin are you using? [The plugin automatically detects the version of the Unreal engine and downloads the necessary plugin version that's compatible. For example, if you're using UE 4.27, then when you try to download the plugin from the marketplace, it automatically downloads the compatible version.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue with image inputs with SBSARs in UE5. It seems like you can give it any image type you want as an input, but only jpegs seem to actually be read. I'm trying to build a system that allows artists to add height maps as image inputs, but that requires high bit depth gray fromats like PNGs in order to get the needed detail.

There is no error message or visual corruption when using a non-jpeg format, simply nothing happens. For UE5 it seems like you got rid of the SubstancePNG, SubstanceJPG & SubstanceTGA import formats so I assumed any standard image format would work, is that not the case?

Any help would be appriciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this issue @Pip24890587eo84. We'll investigate this further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add that we have prioritized this issue and will have an update soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if here is the right spot for bug reports for this plugin.

In UE5 in the Substance graph reference. If you have a dropdown menu (in my case it's with INTs) in which some selections use not common letters (in my case é) these selections are not choosable.

It's not detrimental to my project, but I thought I should report it 

2022-10-04 01_21_17-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is the right place to report the UE5 plugin issue. 

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are encountering this behavior for the first time. We'll investigate it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need more information to recreate the problem, please contact me through my adobe account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good! Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you share the Sbsar file for testing this? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Are there any plans to offer the plugin in a way that is more friendly for custom source builds? The Houdini plugin from SideFX can be downloaded separately to be included as an engine plugin but I don't see a similar option for Substance. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
We used to support this in the past for C++ projects, but sadly it's a lot of work to ship two different types of plugins and maintain them.

Do you use C++ or Blueprint primarily?

We don't have any near-term plans to add this support, but your use case will help us understand the usage better.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We mostly use C++.
Thank you for that information, I integrated the marketplace version into our custom engine compile with minimal issues so it's not a deal breaker.
At least a guide so developers know how to integrate it would be nice.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you were able to get that working with minimal issues. It would be great to understand your process of getting that working and the issues you ran into.

We'll look into adding some documentation, so other developers can benefit from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My project with enabled Substance3D plugin crashes (5.0.3-20979098+++UE5+Release-5.0)

Fatal error: [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\LinkerLoad.cpp] [Line: 4470] 
SubstanceTexture2D /Game/ModularBuildings/Textures/Alternating_Wood_Floor_INST_ambient_occlusion.Alternating_Wood_Floor_INST_ambient_occlusion: Serial size mismatch: Got 1205, Expected 528

I've already cleaned project, without any results.

Is there any known case of influance other marketplace plugins i.e. TrueSky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is not a known issue. Are you experiencing this issue with all of the sbsar files? Could you share more information about this issue to reproduce it on our end?
- What OS are you using?
- Does it happen as soon as you open a project? 
- What happens when you uninstall the Substance plugin? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is resurrecting a dead cow but did you ever solve this problem?  I'm having the same issue in UE5.3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jimmy3542915805ht , we'll need some more info on this as we have not reproduced this on our end. Would you be able to provide the repro steps that lead to this error? For example, does the error occur when loading an sbsar, packaging a game, adjusting parameters, or simply enabling the plugin? Additionally, it would be good to know the OS you are using and the plugin version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions