• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are AO and Specular level maps not applied?

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a small question!
When I export the made materials in Sa and import them into 3D max 2023, and apply substance to vray, AO and Specular levels are always not applied in any case. May I ask why?

Have AO and Specular levels been applied in other channels?
Or this is a plugin error!

I am not sure if this issue belongs here. I hope to receive your help. Thank you!

QQ截图20230915004441.jpg

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @锦阳28647702ckwc,

Just to be clear, you export the material from Sampler as a .SBSAR? What do you mean by "AO and Specular levels are not applied"? If you plug the AO to the Base Color (e.g.) what's showing up?

As long as you're working with an AO et a Specular Level, they should be present in the .SBSAR file.

Any additional information is welcome.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Cyril Dellenbach    Firstly, the format I exported is SBSAR
Secondly, you can see that the image I sent is at the far left, and neither AO nor specular level is connected to any nodes!
My question is, why are AO and specular levels not connected to any vray material nodes, It is unclear whether AO and specular reflection levels have been applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines