• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU rendering not available in Substance 3D Stager

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance 3D Stager has GPU rendering for Windows only, on supported NVIDIA cards.  

If the GPU rendering option is disabled while you are on a supported card, there are two things you can do:

• Update your video card drivers
  • If you're on a laptop that also includes an integrated card use the NVIDIA control panel application to set Stager to prefer your dedicated GPU instead of the integrated card.
Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm excited for all of this. Any word on when Substance Stager will be available for M1 Macs? Also, I can't wait to start using Substance 3D Modeler. How long until 3D  Modeler becomes available to everyone? I understand it is currently in beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been resolved? I don't have "render with gpu" option available on mobile 3080, tried both 471.41 and 471.68 drivers. Correct GPU is shown in stager performance stats window...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-06 at 10.05.09 PM.jpeghey. i have tried all the steps mentioned below but it still won't allow me to render with gpu aven though the software is using the NVIDIA gpu as seen below 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't use GPU rendering with a 2060 SUPER, and between that and my 9900k, I'm looking at 2+ hours just to render the factory default project on the factory default settings while doing the first tutorial.

I also can't log in to my account through Stager, even though it was downloaded from CC Desktop and every other app works fine. I've done every step on every troubleshooting post I could find. This is not a great selling point for my 30 day trial...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how are you ?

I have a nvidia quadro T600 and i cant use the GPU rendering, can you help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem, do you have found a solution for this issue?

I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with the T600.

In Preview I can use Raytracing with the T600 but I can't use the GPU in the Render Export section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using using NVIDIA QUADRO P 2200, 5 GB, PCIEX16 GEN 3, still GPU option is NOT WORKING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand how to enable GPU for Stager Renderer. I can only render 1/4 res, and ONLY ifI disable denoise and displacement and max out CPU, and I have a really strong machine. Help?

Holli22164378ax4y_0-1639078200785.pngHolli22164378ax4y_1-1639078240160.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not getting the GPU button when I try to render, and all renders stall between 12-14%. Went into 3D program settings and told Stager what to use, still greyed out. This makes it really hard to participate in the contests going on to learn painter and stager, if we cannot actually render.

Holli22164378ax4y_1-1639080231411.png

Holli22164378ax4y_2-1639080288297.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you resolve this issue?
Same thing happening for me.
I've tried all the fixes. Nothing works.
emailed support but no response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no AMD support for this? If there will not be AMD support can we return the subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking for an update on when GPU rendering will be availible on macOS?

Right now I am currently waiting quadruple the amount of time it should take for each render.

For the amount I am paying, it would be nice to have a feature that should already be operational.

My machine specs for reference:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add native M1 support ASAP ! Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need M1 Support cause without it is very very slowwwwwwww.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a glaring issue. Comments about it are suspicious ignored by the admins too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, maybe they could just try to embark some of the Apple engineers if possible just like the Blender Foundation got a handful them to supercharge Cycles/Eevee/etc for Apple Silicon... it is such a joy now to work on what was a quite a horrible experience less than a year ago on the same hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true and Stager 2.0 is horribly slow compared to Blender now.

Then again it is normal as Stager 2.0 still only renders on the CPU 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No GPU rendering:

Win10 Desktop

Intel i7-7700

nVidia Quadro P4000

driver: 30.0.15.1215

GPU rendering:

Win 10 Laptop

Intel i9-9880

nVidia Quadro RTX 4000

driver: 30.0.15.1109

What can I do, to render on both machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your hard work. 

Will "render with GPU" options be availble for M1 macs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello is GPU rendering still not available on OSX today? I am using a MBP with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M but GPU rendering option is not available. Did I miss any setups or it is just not available? I saw the system requirements page and it looks like it should work fine... THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is we will not see that until they imprement Metal on OSX, which probably will be never or in a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently having the same experience. I can't GPU render in Stager, but it was possible before. I do not know why.

I've found that when the projects are too big, stagers don't like that at all. My project is around 2GB because I need a lot of materials and I have a lot of individual objects. It is interior of a vehicle.

However, if I take a small project, for example just the seats and doors, or create a small scene, I can render via GPU again.

So the problem is, if projects are too big in the gigabyte range, the Stager no longer renders them with GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @defaultw6ozr7j1onky I can't reed correctly your question, (part of the question are missing) i think something goes wrong! Can you copy/paste correctly or rewrite? It's to understand correctlly you question 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much VRAM do you have on your GPU? It may be that your larger scene is too large for the GPU to process in one piece.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question @JMathews , why am I only able to use about 60% CPU on a Mac Ultra when rendering? It's bad enough we can't use the GPU at all but what would be the reason why its not firing up on all CPU when I have the max at either 0 or 20?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources