• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ground Plane Causing Hot Spots

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Fusion 360 to Stager workflow to model our product shots and it's been working very well. The one thing I can't seem to get right, however, is eliminating the hot spot created by the ground plane. In concept I can understand that light would bounce off the ground and multiply a bit toward the bottom of an object but what is not making sense is the ground plane is emmiting light even when all other lights are turned off.  See attached pics. Lights, environmental light and global light are all turned off yet objects till appear lighter toward the ground. 

Having products that need to be standing up, use a white color and are not translucent are prooving almost imposible to light evenly. I can move them off of the ground and that works but for some I want the shadows to create a sense of three dimensional space. Having the same isue with glass items being blown out when they touch the ground. 

I've got a hunch there is no fix for this but I thought I'd pick the brains a bit. 

Again, the darkly lit attachment has absolutely NO lights turned on and the background opacity is 100%, so where is that glow at the bottom coming from?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Lighting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for sharing! I'll try to find the correct answer asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share file via any cloud to test? Tjanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eliot,

As Ares already asked, I'd also gladly take a look at the project file, considering I can't reproduce the issue on my end.

Output map name.gif

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources