• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a photo glow?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm not good at 3d at all or stager at all. I previously (a year or two ago) used dimensions to make photo light boxes, backlit photos that glow. I don't really remember how, but I think I used to make a square with the glowing material and then sandwich a thin square (box) with the glass material in front of the glowing material, and the add a photo as a decal on the glass surface. I've just spent 6hours trying to figure out how to do it again in stager but I can't get the photo to emitt light. The decal is just dead and opaque no matter what I do, do any one here have any tips or suggestions? Think making a backlit sign with a photo on it, how would you do it? I don't have the time to learn blender at the moment.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Hi @Niclas5C4A! At this moment in time, decals are unable to work in that way within Stager. However, there is a workaround solution:

• Add a plane
  • With the plane selected, go to the properties material panel
  • Drag and drop the image you want to glow into the base color
  • Then drag and drop the same image into the emissions color
  • Increase emissions intensity to desired brightness
  • Enable ray tracing

(There might be some image clippling/distortion doing this method. Creating UVs and making sure the i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Niclas5C4A! At this moment in time, decals are unable to work in that way within Stager. However, there is a workaround solution:

• Add a plane
  • With the plane selected, go to the properties material panel
  • Drag and drop the image you want to glow into the base color
  • Then drag and drop the same image into the emissions color
  • Increase emissions intensity to desired brightness
  • Enable ray tracing

(There might be some image clippling/distortion doing this method. Creating UVs and making sure the image is the same size as the plane will help prevent distortion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! I will try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources