• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to export from painter to stager

Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I designed a 3d shoe model in painter but I am  unable to export it to the stager. The only option that I can see is the export to photoshop. Also, the only file format I can save the file is .spp which I don't know how to import in the stager. Please help asap i don't wanna lose my project

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

The "Send to Stager" option is not available if you have a UDIM based Painter project in previous versions.  This was fixed with the latest release of Substance 3D Painter today, which should now work (12/14/2021).  Please update and try today!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

HI everyone!  Some updated information on anyone having this issue.

Substance 3D Painter does not export UDIM based projects. It will bake the textures to texture sets on export.

The feature is only available for the Adobe Substance 3D Collection veresion of the app however.  If you have the version through Steam none of the send-to flows will be enabled as they rely on Creative Cloud processes to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under File Menu you can find Export Mesh (export only 3d object) Export Textures (export only Textures) and Send To -> Substance 3D Stager. Export 3d object with textures into Stager).

Screenshot 2021-09-07 203222.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make that feature available? For some reason the send to -> Substance 3D Stager option is grayed out. Any solution for this issue? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot above shows menu. Selecting to "Send to Substance Stager" must work and the object must appear in Stager. Did you use the latest version of Painter and Stager? If yes try to reinstall both apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Send to Stager" option is not available if you have a UDIM based Painter project in previous versions.  This was fixed with the latest release of Substance 3D Painter today, which should now work (12/14/2021).  Please update and try today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, 

I´m not the first one with this problem here. Anyway, I´d like to export a .spp file that was designed in Painter to Stager. Both apps are latest version. It just doesn´t work. I can export the model only, but when I try to export the materials seperatly I run into an export dialog that knows almost every rendersoftware on eartth, but not Stager. Is there a limit for scenes to export, filewise oder poly count wise? Thanks for helping.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone!  Some updated information on anyone having this issue.

Substance 3D Painter does not export UDIM based projects. It will bake the textures to texture sets on export.

The feature is only available for the Adobe Substance 3D Collection veresion of the app however.  If you have the version through Steam none of the send-to flows will be enabled as they rely on Creative Cloud processes to work.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AlanMattano_0-1684854162680.png

It is a scam (Adobe, not Algorithmic). They tell you you can export with one button, which is the whole point of having Stage, but it is impossible if you own Painter unless you give up your perpetual license perpetual (2023). You need to block yourself in the monthly subscription chain. But also, that looks like not working because it doesn't maintain Stager transforms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbyVQU2GXWI&t=34s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources