• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detailed documentation and other questions

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there detailed documentation for Team Projects other than these?

Team Projects FAQ

Working simultaneously in shared video projects

Collaborate on shared video projects

Additionally:

How can a Team Project be deleted?

What are the details about Archive?

Using multiple workstations for the same project, why does an error message say one workstation "has precedence over another and local changes cannot be accepted"? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To answer some of your questions:

How can a Team Project be deleted?

• First thing is that only the user who created the Team project can delete it.
  • To do that first close the Team Project.
  • Archive it from "Manage Team Projects" dialog. This dialog can be reached at by "File -> Open Team Projects..." menu.
  • Once the Team Project is archived, go to the "Archive" tab in "Manage Team Projects..." dialog, select the Team Project and hit "Delete" button present in the same dialog box.

What are the details about Archive?

I mentioned the steps to Archive a Team Project above. The Archived Team Project is there with the owner of the Team Project, it's just that nobody can work on it until it is restored. Other things to note about an Archived team projects are:

• If any collaborator has the Team Project open while the owner Archives it, then for all collaborators of that Team Project, it will be like they are working in disconnected mode. They will not be able to share their work ever on that Team Project.
  • If nobody has the team project open, then nobody should be able to open the team project in future after it has been archived by the owner.
  • The Archived team project can be restored back but it will not restore all the collaborators on this team project. You will have to invite the users again to collaborate on the team project.

Using multiple workstations for the same project, why does an error message say one workstation "has precedence over another and local changes cannot be accepted"?

I am sorry I didn't really get this question. Are you saying that you have installed your client applications (Premiere Pro or Prelude or After Effects) with same Adobe ID on multiple workstations and then you are using Team Projects and facing issues. Could you please elaborate a little more on this?

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, during this initial project, two workstations had the same account name and same user. I was curious if that caused the system to be confused and create the error message that one workstation "had precedence over another and local changes cannot be accepted"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have the same account/user working on two different workstation with Team Project, then there is nothing like precedence but yes there would be difference in behavior as compared to when you are working with two different users.

If you are working with the same user on two different workstations, then you would see the edits of one user being reflected on another workstation automatically. Though this can take some time depending on your network and the polling of the client application but it will happen.

Now if you are working on two different workstation in the same Team Project simultaneously then it can get a little confusing. This is because you will edit on one workstation, those edits will need to be reflected on another workstation but if you edit on the second workstation before the edits of first are reflected then there will be confusion. Team Projects tries to handle this confusion internally by providing you with a dialog which says that there are changes from first workstation which need to written to second workstation.

This is how it works as of now. So it is recommended that you use a different user on different workstation but not forced.

Could you please post the screen shot of the dialog that you are getting so that I can be sure this is something that I was expecting or anything else?

Also please provide your feedback on Team Project so that we can keep on improving our solution.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StoryView2​

Are you still facing issue with Team Projects? Could you please share your feedback?

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh -

I actually stopped using Teams just after my initial question. I had a disastrous problem that caused me to call the support center. I'll get to the details in a moment. The case, I don't have the number with me unfortunately, was escalated and I was assured a response within 48 hours. I did not receive that response and called again. I was again told the problem was being solved and would get a call back. More than a week later I have still not received a response.

Here are the details of my issue.

I was working on a team project with one other editor. The project was going well, although we had several questions about updating each other's project. That's ok as this is Beta software. One day after about 6 hours of edit, the system crashed. Upon opening the project I found that that days work did not save to the project. I've learned to save a project every few minutes. And I have auto save set for every three minutes. Unlike non-team projects which you can save to any location you like, team projects only have a setting for auto save to the cloud. As you know the project is saved to the cloud as well.

I assumed that going to my Adobe account, I'd find the project file or the auto saved file. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't find anything in the Creative Cloud folders. Holy crap, how's this possible?I just lost a day's work! Thankfully my deadline was the next day.

Unfortunately, the CSR on the initial phone support call didn't seem to know much about Team projects. He also had no idea where my project files were or why they weren't saved. So the issue was escalated and I'm still waiting to get a response.

Until Adobe can tell me where my projects are in the cloud, or why they weren't saved, I won't be using Team projects anytime soon. I'm not happy to be paying for a service I can't use. I know this is Beta, but a basic thing like saving a file shouldn't be a problem. And auto save should have an option to save locally.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I apologize for all the inconvenience you faced. I will try to see what went wrong with your support call.

Now, coming to your issue, I am really sorry to say that we don't save any "project file". We save everything which is in a project file to a database which is accessed upon only by team projects service. There is only one way you can get a "project file" is to convert the team project into a project.

First, let me try to see if we can try to recover your data. Actually all the work you do is first saved in a local database which is on your system itself and then after some specified interval, this data is synced to the team projects server in the cloud and once you share your work, all other users of the team projects will be able to see those edits.

But right now, we have seen some issues where the communication with the team projects and the local database is interrupted and due to which we see these issues.

• Please see if you have "Team Projects Local Hub" process still running even after you have quit your application. If yes, please kill it manually and then see if you get your data back. Otherwise we can go to the next possible workaround.
  • May I request you to quit your Adobe Premiere Pro or Prelude or After Effects applications and also see if  "Team Projects Local Hub" process is killed (please kill it manually if the need be) and rename your "Team Projects Local Hub" folders at following locations:
    MAC:
    • /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Team Projects Cache
    • /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Team Projects Local Hub

Windows:

• C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Team Projects Local Hub
    • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Team Projects Cache

Please rename these folders or move them safely to some other locations. Please do remember to save these folders and may I request these folders so that I can investigate in more details.

Also could you please send me the files from following location:

MAC:

1. /Users/<user_name>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premiere Pro/11.0/logs/
  2. /Users/<user_name>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Team Projects Local Hub/1.0/logs/

Windows:

1. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Team Projects Local Hub\1.0\logs\
  2. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0\logs\

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramesh -

The files you requested can be downloaded from this link

https://www.hightail.com/download/cUJXcXlwQk5ubHhwdmNUQw

At least today, The Team Projects Local Hub was only running when Premiere Pro was running. Of course, I don't know what that status was when the issue occurred about two weeks ago.

Recovery of the last known state of the Team project is not a priority for me. I did convert it to a local project at the time of the issue and then re-edited the day's work that was lost.

Thank you for explaining how data is stored. Please keep me posted as to what you find with my files. I know Adobe will get this worked out. I'm looking forward to getting back to using Team Projects when these issues are solved.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Thanks for providing the data. I really appreciate this. It will help us understand the issue in more depth. I have shared this with the team already. There are some points which have been identified already and we will see if your issue is something different or something which the team has already found out.

Thank you again for feedback. I will keep you updated of the progress on this.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ramesh -

What's the status on this issue?

I'd like to get back to using Team Projects soon. Have the issues I encountered been solved or is there a work-around?

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines