Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major bug in Premiere Pro for teams

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have a major bug here in Adobe Premiere for teams. which can really delay a team project if one of the members is gone for a while.

I pressed "get latest changes", and the "resolve conflicts" panel appeared (as always if  I also changed anything) and then I accidentally clicked "keep my version" - which can happen, cause you always have to manually select what you want to do.

And now I'm stuck with my version - which is not the latest one we worked on as a team and the lead member of our team is gone for a while and I have no way I can "take" the version again! - Maybe some of you guys do know a way, but otherwise this a major bug that needs to be fixed!

everywhere, in every app I have the ability the sync it again... exact in Premiere for teams!

Thanks already for answering, and to adobe, if there is no workaround, please fix it!

Regards,

Bernhard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Actually, those folks moving the post to the Premiere forum got it in front of my eyes, and I've had quite a bit of Team Projects experience so I'll do my best to help you out.

As you know, while the Team Project is being synced via the cloud, the database actually lives on your computer. I think you have two options here.

1) You can restore a previous version of the sequence from the Media Browser

2) You can delete what's called the Team Projects Local Hub

Option one is probably your best bet to tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys... it's actually no support if you just "move around" the topic!
That's like the German bureaucracy: "Well we are not responsible for those issues, please go to room 214/11/a5" ... And there they tell you: "Ahmm... well actually, you should probably better go to room B on the second floor" instead of just doing their work!

There's an ACP and a staff member who just looked at this bug report and the best you can do is move it around? - What are we paying Adobe for? - Definitely not for senseless moving stuff around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies, as this is a user to user forum I always try to connect users to the group of experts who are most likely to help them. I understand that this is an urgent issue for you so I would advise opening a support ticket directly with Adobe.

To contact support please use one of the following options.

Creative Cloud for Enterprise - from the Admin Console go to the support tab to open a case. Phone and chat options are also available here.

Creative Cloud for Teams - from the CCT Admin Console go to the Help tab for chat and phone options.

Alternatively please go to  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, those folks moving the post to the Premiere forum got it in front of my eyes, and I've had quite a bit of Team Projects experience so I'll do my best to help you out.

As you know, while the Team Project is being synced via the cloud, the database actually lives on your computer. I think you have two options here.

1) You can restore a previous version of the sequence from the Media Browser

2) You can delete what's called the Team Projects Local Hub

Option one is probably your best bet to try first:

Open the Media Browser and click on your Team Project. You should see two options, "Versions" and "Auto-Save." "Versions are what have been pushed to the cloud, and "Auto-Save" is the local copy that's being update with basically every single click you make (the benefit of a database over using a .prproj file).

Rather than try to write a bunch of steps where I might make a mistake, check out this Help article for details on viewing previous versions and browsing the Auto-Save: Learn how to share changes, receive changes, resolve editing conflicts when working on Team Projects...

Option two will allow you to delete the local cache of your Team Project so you can pull it down from the cloud again. This would work to get your collaborator's changes if you never pushed your own back to the cloud. It's the same as if you created a new user account on your machine or logged into the Team Project for the first time from a new machine.

Let me know if this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey davidarbor,

Yes, thanks for the reply!
Option 1) worked for me... I found my collaborator's version in the "Versions" history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For future reference

Premiere Pro Team links https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2234035

-Includes a link to the Team Forum

-read http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-video-team-projects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines