Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Logos

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm a mental health/disability advocate out of Australia and I'm looking for the corporation and its product logos. I know it's a big ask. I know some corporations prefer not to release those intellectually protected materials. 

The reason I'm asking is because I support some streamers on Twitch/YouTube who require high contrast icons for their Elgato Stream Desks. I have found some icons online but they don't meet to requirements for some people who have low vision.

I want to create a set of icons (free) for people who have poor/low vision and those who are coloured blind. I believe everyone should have a set of icons for their Elgato Stream Desks. Accessibility to these devices and suitable icons so they can see them is a must. 

So I'm asking the community and Adobe to help me create these icons by sharing their icons. I know I can get them from third party logo sites, but I would rather go straight to Adobe and ask for help. 

Many thanks,

Yieki

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am a volunteer and do not work for Adobe, nor am I a lawyer. I found this on the Adobe website about logos:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/permissions/trademarks.html

If you have further questions, please consult a lawyer or contact Adobe directly:

Adobe
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Tel: 408-536-6000
Fax: 408-537-6000

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane read my answer.....  you need to understand what a Streamdeck is.

It is a device you use with you computer.  You set up buttons that work with various apps.  Streamers and artists use this to adjust things without using short cut keys, etc.  So the person is not looking to print or share the icon. 

It is just going on this little device.  So the person is looking for the icons, because they are working with people who are color blind... thus the person needs icons to change that can be converted for people suffering for those who are color blind. 

Streamdecks are super cool.... and you can do some really cool things. Below is an example of a Streamdeck where a person created short cuts using Adobe Xd.  So if the poster were setting up this Streamdeck.... they would need to change the Adobe Xd to colors for those who are color blind. 

This is not illegal and there is no lawyer needed. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find almost any logo here....

https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

If they are just using the logos as images for their Elgato stream deck.... then it is ok.  As it is just a device hooked up to their computer and the icons are just references.  I have the Elgato Streamdeck with 15 keys myself.... will be setting it up soon. I will be just pulling images from the internet. 

I do not think Jane-e knows what an Elgato streamdeck is.  So she thinks you are publishing them somewhere.  Which is not the case with this tech.

It is like creating a shortcut on your desktop.  Where you can click and program various functions relating to various software or lights.  Example you can control the Elgato Key Light, Ring Light or Key Light Air... or even Twitch.

So if a person is partially color blind or suffers from some sort of color blindness it makes sense to set up their stream deck with icons that work for them.  I get it.

So use the link that I shared or simply pull from the internet.  It is just going on the Streamdeck of a personal user of that Streamdeck.  For those who are not familiar with an Elgato Streamdeck here is a video...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other icons for various Adobe apps can be found online.... just Google them. Then adjust them for those who are color blind.  Then you are golden.

🙂

I think what you are doing is awesome by the way.  I have friends who are color blind... and I would not have thought about setting a Streamdeck for those who are color blind.  So this is actually quite a cool topic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yieki,

You can take any icon you find online and open it in Photoshop or similar graphics app.  Convert the color mode from RGB (red, green, blue) to grayscale, duotone or whatever.  You don't need legal permission to change colors for accessibility reasons.  See screenshot of B&W Creative Cloud icon in Photoshop.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update.

Thanks for all the great tips. I have done most of them with very little success. I am asking for the logos in a .SVG or .AI format because it's not about just changing the colour balance in the whole image for some, some need high contrast too. 

I have extended my scope to people who are vision impaired too. I found a program named Touch Portal that can be uploaded to a tablet. So instead of having 144 button on an 11" tablet, they have as big a button then need. 

The reason I have gone straight to Adobe is because... well... if I'm going to do the task for people, I might as well do as a professional job as I can. When you have any form of disability your always have to settle for second best. Why can't I offer the best? 

I am approaching Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, gaming companies and so on. The worst thing these corporations and companies can say is "sorry, no." Then we look for something else. 

I'm on a very limited income, I battle my own mental illness, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder and I have already put in my own money to buy some icons as my Illustrator/Photoshop skills aren't that great. Changing colours aren't that difficult.

I want to work with streaming platforms to help out those who have vision impairments. Offer my services and the icons for free. Go in and change the colours of over 2000+ icons. 

Anyway, that's the latest. 

Thanks everyone. ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines