• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Affiliated with a training centre

Contributor ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm and ACI who has been asked to affiliated myself with a training centre. However, since doing so in September 2016 they have only offered me 5 training days. Should there be, or is there a minimum amount of training you should do in order to be associated or affiliated with an Adobe authorised training centre? I'd love to have the opinions of anyone with a similar experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Alma+Strutt  wrote

I'm and ACI who has been asked to affiliated myself with a training centre.

why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the hope of getting more work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good question. I'd love to know the answer. As part of the requirements for AATCs they must train at least 15 people per calendar months, but I couldn't find any information about the use of external ACIs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a real bug bear of mine that there are so many non ACIs out there offering training. I'd love to see some criteria on who AATCs should employ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree... It's for that reason I'm not associated with ANY Training Centre, I prefer to be in independent ACI without ties to training centres.  I do get emails -- from different states and even from the Middle East -- asking me if I want to provide training for established training centres, and have always politely said no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one training centre I do 'counter business' with... they are in a different state from me, and I send them trainees, and they send trainees my way if there's inquiries from my state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least they gave you some work. I've had centers want me affiliate with them with no promise of work - I refused, of course. My ACI status expires in June - not renewing. This is just one the many reasons...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did renew in March and it was only when I realised how much work goes into prepping for the certification that I thought this is not something I should 'hand over' lightly. When I updated my details I didn't affiliate myself with anyone so waiting to see if they will contact me and ask to amend. I just feel someone else is benefiting from my hard work without any or much return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines