• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best not to feed the trolls - well maybe.

Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend posted this link on FB of an amazing shot showing the snowy San Gabriel Mountains with the Hollywood sign:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=938227641311485&set=a.695273785606873

One commentor posted that the photo was fake. I normally don't respond to people, but I couldn't resist, as I grew up where this photo was taken. I said that with a nice long lens on a clear day, that image was totally possible and not a fake. The person responded that she had lived in the area for 40 years - like that matters, and the Hollywood sign was skewed to face the camera. So this got me curious - was it? I found a photo that I had taken from roughly the same area, maybe 5 miles east. and compared the two images. I didn't have a long lens, so mine was pretty blurry, but I can't tell if there was any intentional skewing of the Hollywood sign. Am I wrong? If not, best not argue with a professional photographer who is also a local.

Sing-comparisoon.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hollwood Sign has been face-lifted & repositioned a few times on account of hillside errosion and elements. It's not the same sign today it was 40 years ago.

image.png

hollywood-sign-views-7.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it isn't, but despite the blurry quality of the photos, there is little difference. My photo shows that the sign was not skewed to make a better photo. That's the actual position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines