Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brainstorming on how to progress on a project

Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

how is it cooking for you? Mind a little chat on channels and their outcome?

As I am on my way to my first conference in a lifetime, where I will give some examples on how to use Adobe Firefly, I was wondering if I should go back filming my examples and create videos as I did a while ago. Always found using video recording to be a great way to hear how it will sound for others.

Need a headset or something on that line, but I mostly wonder: I see YouTube has shorts now, which is a completely new reality for me: how would you rate them?

As a former me, I used Vimeo, not YouTube, but I think this last one is a good platform too. Are there any others that I am missing? I am really rusty and would appreciate some honest opinion from video creators.

Better go back to good old Vimeo, or is it the MySpace of video content creation?

hope someone will jump in for a chat on this matter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

My go to is YouTube.  For several years, YouTube has been the most popular video sharing and social media platform. It attracts 2.1 billion users per month and offers 694,000 hours of video streaming every minute (more than Netflix).  See YouTube Stats.

TikTok is the fastest growing short video platform with over 1 billion active monthly users. TikTok's highly personalized app experience appeals to more GenZ and millennial users but mature audiences are embracing it, too. TikTok's content rang

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My go to is YouTube.  For several years, YouTube has been the most popular video sharing and social media platform. It attracts 2.1 billion users per month and offers 694,000 hours of video streaming every minute (more than Netflix).  See YouTube Stats.

TikTok is the fastest growing short video platform with over 1 billion active monthly users. TikTok's highly personalized app experience appeals to more GenZ and millennial users but mature audiences are embracing it, too. TikTok's content ranges from music videos to sports and how-to videosThe latest TikTok app supports videos up to 10 minutes when uploading from local gallery and up to 3 minutes for video capturing. File Size: TikTok for iOS supports videos up to 278.6MB, while the maximum file size of a TikTok video on Android smartphone is only 72MB.

After the overwhelming success of TikTok, YouTube introduced YouTube Shorts as feeder to long-form content. Creators can now upload 60s maximum 9:16 aspect ratio vertical or square videos (similar to Instagram Reels and TikToks).  According to YouTube, Shorts are attracting over 1.5 billion active monthly users, surpassing TikTok’s 1 billion.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention MetaCafe— a free video sharing site with under 1 million views/month that focuses on short videos in categories such as sports, fashion, music, movies and video games. All videos are shorter than 180 seconds and under 100 MB, making this a good platform for sharing quick product reviews and how-tos.  Monetization kicks in after a video reaches 20,000 views, Metacafe pays content creators $5 for every 1,000 views. Sweet.

I think that covers the main ones.  But feel free to investigate more on your own.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really does!

wow, thank you for such a long and exhaustive answer to my question, I am humbled! Appreciate the time you did put into it.

Truth to be told, I am not very much attracted by tik tok: yes I understand the exposure, but I am not chasing that kind of attention, I suppose. My profile there lasted two minutes, and I don't trust the app generally speaking.

On the other side I was investigating Patreon. Many YouTubers mention it regularly.

As to my own post, from your reply it seems like Vimeo is really forgotten. Then I guess I should find my way through YouTube.

Again, my most heartfelt thank you for such a detailed reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other side I was investigating Patreon. Many YouTubers mention it regularly.

By @floramc

=========

Monetizing through Patreon is another layer of commitment to keep paying supporters engaged. 

Patreon charges content creators fees & taxes to use their platform.  And Patreon patrons expect "special" treatment. You'll need to be available to interact with patrons and able to offer them perks & benefits that go beyond what's freely available on other channels.  See Patreon's Terms of Use.

https://www.patreon.com/policy/legal

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again,

yes. This is something I had read already about patreon.

last time I published videos was in 2016, if I remember it right, it's an eternity on the web, so I don't have the arrogance to know all that happened in the meanwhile.

Anyhow, YouTube seems to have still its own very pondus, if not even more. There are sure plenty of very good channels, and I am manly learning what are the musts and the No-no's.

I am very challenged by the idea that nowadays people do gladly put their face straight in front of a camera. That is something I would never do, not a single chance in hell, but I guess small tutorials do not really need the face of the tutor anywhere. I can be a voice over.

That is how I identified me since ever, but I am considering if that might give a negative impression now more than 8 years ago.

Guess if it does not work, I'll just stop, it is not the end of the world.

Thanks for your support, priceless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Cooking's going well, thanks! As for your video content strategy, creating examples with Adobe Firefly is a smart move, especially for a conference. YouTube Shorts is gaining popularity, offering a new way to engage viewers with short-form content. Vimeo remains a respected platform, while YouTube has a broader reach. You might also explore TikTok for quick, engaging videos. Ultimately, it depends on your audience and goals. Vimeo isn't the "MySpace" of video creation but may have a different audience focus. Experimentation is key. Good luck with your conference and essay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anna Watts 

thanka a bunch for your contribution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines