• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call Center Wait Time Ridiculousness!

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We frequently see complaints from customers about long wait times to Adobe's Call Center.  But believe me, they pale by comparison to what I just experienced from a U.S. credit card company.  

I need to dispute a charge but can't do it online.  I must call their customer service center.  OK, so I call and go through the usual drill  -- confirming this & that, answering two security questions, press 1 for this and 5 for that... 

Recorded message: "Please hold for the next available rep... [Pause]   Due to staff shortages, wait times may be longer than usual.  [Pause]  Your expected wait time is between 7 hours and 12 minutes and 10 hours and 29 minutes.  Please hold...."

Me having a "Karen" momentMe having a "Karen" moment

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some that offer to call you back when an agent is available.

Sometimes they actually call back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be nice but no such offer was made.  🙄

I'm charging my phone and an extra battery pack overnight with hope for a better outcome tomorrow.  We'll see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Nancy, that's probably the longest wait time I've ever heard about. I held for 51 minutes yesterday, calling my (major brand) bank. And it was to ask them to reverse a monthly maintenance fee they admitted they had no reason to charge me for in the first place. (Just a mistake out of the blue!) Funny, they didn't even estimate the wait time at the start, and they didn't have an option for a call back, either. Their online tool, mobile app, and robot chat are not available for that type of transaction dispute. When someone finally answered, I jumped, lol. Probably in fear I would accidentally hang up. Fingers crossed your call the next day went through faster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, not.  I still haven't gotten through to a CSR.  Our Internet & phone service went down yesterday, possibly weather-related.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines