• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epson Scan - Windows 10 app not open

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Epson Scan on my W10 PC several months ago and it has worked well. Yesterday I used it, no problem, shut down the PC. Later I tried to start it again, it will not open. I click on the icon in the tool bar, a blue line appears under the icon and then fades away. The app does not open. All my other apps open with no problem. I have been online looking for solutions to W10 apps that do not open - no luck. This is the app with the problem: C:\Windows\twain_32\escndv\escndv.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned that I have reinstalled the Epson Scan application several times with no luck. I moved the scanner to another PC , installed Epson Scan, and it worked fine but I need to run the scanner from the original PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the other computer Windows 10?

Is there an updated version of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other PC is w10 and I downloaded the installation for my scanner model from Epson today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you searched for a help article at Microsoft?

Microsoft - Official Home Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I will check that one out but I have been through several complex procedures involving the registry. I am looking for someone who had that exact problem with Epson Scan where the icon lighted up and then turned off. It seems like such a stupid problem where it worked for several months and even earlier that day and then it doesn't work and all other apps do work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every time Win10 does an update there is **some** risk that a program you have been using will stop working... which is why I suggested searching at Microsoft

The recent 1803 Win10 update has caused various problems for people... do you have that update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines