Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General working with Adobe's Programs/Apps

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm Patrick.

I started working with Adobe's software at 1990/1991 with photoshop on a mac II. My background was that my mother was a grapic designer (back those days) and my father as well. My mom was more into illustration while my father did photography.
This is what I grew up with and what I wanted to make. I learned photography, doing graphics, design stuff, illustrating things and added computer based design.
Nowadays I'm into visualizing things with those skills and added, 3D, interactive and motion design.

Sure it always was meant for creating ideas and visions to describe something.
Not only with pictures but also with sound, motion and for that deeper in receiption.

Whar I'm missing is a forum for interdisciplinar things where all programs/apps are working together.

To me there isn't a big gap between using Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, After effects, Audition or even cinema4D?...

...well, at least there is a difference.

international standards or even better normed standards.

But hey, do we need to ship all containers in either global transport or C++?

I guess we are living on one globe, we all are humans, so what is wrong about that idea?

Please keep earth while thinking about that!

Best regards for all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Math, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy and computer sciences are all similar but different, too.  That's why universities keep them holed-up in separate buildings and different departments.  So what's your point exactly?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

thank you for your post. Well I think of it in several ways. If you name those sciences of several parts you could put it into think tank. E.g. bringing a zoologist, a veterinary, an engineer and a computer scientist together could lead to great results. Bionic science is a result of something like that. It's something common nowadays.

In my opinion It would be a nice additional part for the Adobe Support Community to have a place to discuss these things.

Another thing is a more technical part. E.g. several programs of Adobe are using paths like Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After effects, Premiere Pro and maybe others.

Handling those have different shortkeys that even can't be changed like usual shortkeys.

Handling paths within InDesign can lead to the need of using embedded .EPS files due to the amount of path while you should be able to handle them by ease due to larger amounts of RAM nowadays.

There are so many reasons why there should be changes to several things within the whole suite. Another example would be the GUI where they did changes that are hard for me to understand while the issue might be easy due to copyrights but even a slightly different solution could be handy.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Patrick.  That's what cross-discipline scientific meetings and symposiums are for. 

However Adobe engineers work for different division teams in different geographic locations.  Each team has different priorities and works from vastly different roadmaps. 

It's easy to say "Hotkey X" should work the same way across all apps.  And sometimes that's possible but sometimes it's not.  It all depends on the apps and what they're used for.

I suggest you join the pre-release programs as a beta tester and submit your ideas directly to the respective product teams. If they get enough requests and it's viable, they'll probably add it to a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy! I missed the wishforum somehow.

I guess I should indeed participate in beta versions even I have only a little spare time left, but it could the same time I might spend smh over and over again using the suite.
I often feel like a little child at war receiving a new pair of shoes if Adobe implements something I asked for years before.

Best regards,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I forgot to mention Uservoice where you can submit bug/feature requests and get feedback from other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines