• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Brush Panel Disappears After Each Use

Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? First it was the Character panel and now it's the brush panel. After each use, it goes away. I have to keep going Window>Brushes every two minutes and It is really impacting my work flow not to mention my mood. Does anyone know how to make this stop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

In Preferences > User Interface there is an option Auto Collapse Iconic Panels.

If that is off the panel should stay open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's Photoshop 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences > User Interface there is an option Auto Collapse Iconic Panels.

If that is off the panel should stay open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I found it (but it was under "Options"). I don't understand why some of this stuff is even an option. Sometimes I think Photoshop updates are done for no good reason by a bunch of IT guys trying to justify their jobs, and they're done by people who do not work with images apparently! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop it is in Preferences > Workspace > Auto Collapse Iconic Panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked your answer correct. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Moved to Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an ACE and didn't want this in a public forum, just the lounge. Can everyone stop moving my post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>didn't want this in a public forum, just the lounge

That does not compute... what makes you think the Lounge is not a public forum?

The Lounge is not for program discussions... so why do you not want a program question to be in the program forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put this post back in the Lounge. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc services">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since I'm an ACE I didn't want it in the public forum, just in the lounge.  Can I move it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please put it back in the Lounge? I don't know how to do it or if you need authorization etc. I put it there on purpose. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please put it back in the Lounge? I don't know how to do it or if you need authorization etc. I put it there on purpose. Thank you.

By @Leslie Moak Murray

I've moved your post back to The Lounge where you intentionally put it, Leslie, and you requested the return at least four times. Whew!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hee Thanks, Jane! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Well since I'm an ACE I didn't want it in the public forum, just in the lounge.

I don't understand what you are saying... the Lounge IS a public forum, so why do you want this in a non-technical forum instead of the actual forum for the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @Leslie Moak Murray ! 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines