Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about a photo game?

Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi creatives!

I am planning to start some creative games here. Soon there will be an Illustrator game and a Photoshop game.

Before them, who are quite specific, I want to try with a game that is very popular among my photo students intermediate level. Now, it is not a hard game on the photographic level. Anybody can participate. I use to take this with the intermediate as some students find the "context" challenge ... well, challenging

OK, What's this buzz about?

When you were a kid, din't you play an association play - something like a person said a word (let's say WINDOW) and you had to tell the first thing that it brought to your mind (let's say: GLASS)?

Association.

Well, how about doing that with pictures?

So all those who can post pictures, I start with one picture, you look at it and you post a picture that has a connection with mine. You DO NOT need to say what connection that is. It's the fun in the game. We use it to develop creativity through unrevealed association. No words at all are required. Let the visual communication do the work for you. You CAN'T DO WRONG

I did that when I studied photography at university in Malmö and loved it, all my students love it - chances the creatives worldwide might find this playful and funny?

How does this work?

Smoothly I send a picture. Somebody sends an association in another picture. Example: I send a picture of a cat, another creative replies with a dog. A third creative jumps in and checks the last posted reply. A dog? Mmmh, reminds me of my granny's house in Colorado - and sends a picture of Colorado. A fourth creative pass by, sees colorado and thinks, oh I prefer the sea, and sends a picture from Malibu... get it? The picture MUST BE YOURS - and yes it can be edited, photoshopped, montage, set your creativity free BUT USE YOUR OWN MATERIAL, no stock either, and please no nudity, no offensive pictures, no racism and all that jazz.

Just use association. a) What you see, b) what it makes you think of, c) tell it with a picture

Good then let's start the game. Here's the first picture - remember, your reply must go to the latest answer.

DSCN2148.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6EB3317D-9B4F-46DC-AD9C-2010928703D7.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image result for carl sagan cosmos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whirlpool.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image result for burning steel wool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uebele SLO talk-077.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one, @churckuebele

AF-Shirtless-Young-Man-in-Front-of-a-Derelict-Factory.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool image, Ussnorway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I made it in Dimension for captain Kirks birthday

p.s, Nasa gives us all the models for free so thanks to them as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious have you all played Photoshop Ping Pong?  Theoretically this could be done in Illustrator as well.

One person starts out and does something to an image.  Then the other person does something to the image and like a game of ping pong you go back and forth, back and forth... until you have a really interesting image.

Theoretically we could play this game and then assign other ACPs to take on the next edit.  Let me know and I can set up a Photoshop Ping Pong round for next month!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the ping-pong game before. They used to do it on the NAPP forums, when they had a forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds so fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

It's not exactly ping-pong but Is running a game in the Photoshop forum  called Something for the Weekend.    New challenges come out every Friday.   It's  fun to see what people come up with.  Definitely check it out.

Feb 22, 2019 Challenge

Something for the weekend - Part 60 - Pots and Cans

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image result for thats no moon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toca-boca-house

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

41965061635_754e0aa6ae_w.jpg

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines