• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm a genius! Solved sound sync with Atomos and D800

Mentor ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cavemen have probably been doing this forever, but I finally figured it out.

I use a d800 and HDMI out to Ninja ( 1080p 24fps, DNxHD). Normally I sync sound with slate and little recording gadget ( TASCAM).

On one shoot I had a little shotgun rode on hot shoe of camera plugged into mic of camera, as a sort of 'backup'.

The man helping me on job (turning TASCAM on and off for takes) did something weird at one point and a few sound takes were no good after that.

Luckily I had the stupid little rode on top of camera and talent was close, so I used THAT sound. BUT discovered it was out of sync 3 frames. I had the slate to use and figure that out.

The sound gets recorded faster than video stream data can be compressed, so it's out 3 frames....sound coming first.

In editor, unlinking sound, and moving sound forward with mouse really was hard, cause it's not accurate and it's a hit and miss sorta operation.

I just realized a few minutes ago (cause I'm gonna go out with camera soon and shoot with that little shotgun on camera) that I can CUT at the end of 3rd frame, move CTI to that spot, unlink sound, and move sound with mouse and it will more or less SNAP to that CTI position !  HOW COOL IS THAT ??

I bet everybody already knew this but I just figured it out. Haven't tried it yet, but it should work fine.

: )

anybody else figure out any genius things lately ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting this in the non-technical Lounge forum is not going to do anything for your target audience

Is this about Premiere Pro, or Audition, or After Effects, or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, you can just delete it if you want. The idea was that people in general come up with ideas to solve things that were perplexing at one time, and a solution that was cool occurred to them. It could be about a better dewy decimal system, pouring cement foundations, exploring the north boundary waters in a canoe, whatever.

I was not looking for a target audience. I suppose it's stretching things to mention anything 'technical' in the lounge ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an idea. John, could you change the title to IM A GENIUS !

And then add ( have you been a genius lately ?)

Would that work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That way someone who has been riding the E and F (IND) trains for years, and just discovered that if they change at Jamaica Station, and catch the B train, it knocks off 1 hour of their commute to work !  They are a genius !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting in the Lounge is fine, I just thought that you were trying to share with others doing the same thing, using a specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I was just patting my own back by thinking I had a genius moment ( which doesn't happen for years mostly ). hehe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have to pat my own back... my wife gives me a kick in another, lower, spot when I don't do something right (right being defined as HER way!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

talk about ingratitude ! Remember all those hours you spent getting her set up on her own computer and making everything work well ?? !!!  You should have at least got a chocolate cake for THAT !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our garage is about 50 feet long (and one car wide) with a lift door at both ends... former owner would drive in the front with a boat trailer, and straight out the back... My latest project was in 2 stages

1st was to lock the double wide back door in the up position, and build a wall to close that end to then use the inside as a weather tight work and storage area (the old lift door was warped and leaked... a lot)

2nd phase was to add a roof and build an 8 foot wide bench so wife can have a covered area for working with plant pots

Pay at the end of the day was a beer (after I went grocery shopping and bought the beer)

But she did say "job well done" for both the wall and the covered area

NewRoof.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that a dress corset hanging there?

Screenshot (1031).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is a form to stuff with moss and then grow plants... but since she finds "oddities" at garage sales to use for yard decorations, I could be wrong about the original purpose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ussnorway has a really good eye. I didn't even SEE that thing hanging back there until she pointed it out.

Well, the genius moment thread seems to have run it's course. Seems like a little less activity here in lounge and in PPro forums than years ago. I guess everybody has new stuff to attend. Probably most people are now on social media things like facebook and smart phone things ? As desktops and even laptops lose ground in market place, with real keyboards to type stuff fast, etc. it will probably get kinda quiet at places like this.

I've noticed some posters in PPro ask stuff and don't come back to mark things as helpful or add anything more. But I recall that happened a lot in the past too.

It sorta makes it less satisfying to even bother to help people with answers to questions.

Anyway, I haven't had any genius moments since my first post here... so I can's add anything positive to thread.

I think ussnorway had a genius moment to even NOTICE that weird thing hanging in yard, but nobody else has stepped up to add their own latest moment.

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No genius here, just lots of slogging through jobs... and here is a better picture of the "what ever it is" I put on the hook

Basket.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, how you found that fish thing boggles the mind. YOUR'E A GENIUS !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right back at ya.

And while we're playing I spy in John's backyard, do you know what those little lines on the red wood post/shelf are? (I think I know)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are marks left when pressure treating wood with stuff to make it resistant to moisture and being 'outside' in elements. Like, it is good for exterior use with that stuff injected into wood. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proof that programs are working well in PPro forum:

Despite the millions of users of software, there are very few people asking for help (as a percentage of users) in PPro forum.

Sometimes there are a lot of 'views' vs. replies in a thread ( like one has about 1,000 views and 9 replies ) so it is obvious that the replies solved the problem for a thousand interested viewers.

How cool is that ?? !!

I haven't visited the other forums ( other than Ppro ) but I bet it's just as good an indication that the programs are really doing well to satisfy the millions of users in the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOSE PRESSED AGAINST WINDOW LIKE DOG

I'm expecting a Fed Ex delivery today ( a manual on how to use a program). Since this morning I've had my nose pressed against my living room window, which looks out into parking lot of apt. building, so I can buzz the person into building to deliver package.

I feel like a dog who is waiting for owner to come back home.

I bet there are people like you who have figured out how to adjust to this anxiety and would love to hear of your GENIUS solutions !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got mssg in email from Amazon, ( 230pm) saying, "sorry for delay but your package will not be delivered today, and will be delivered between July 1 and July 4 instead.

So much for gluing nose to window to accommodate delivery person (company).'

I am now free to go hunt for milkbones among human tenants of my apt. complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Sunday. Some worker bee knocked on my door in apt. building. I got up and opened door, and THERE WAS MY BOOK DELIVERED! And this happened when it was raining cats and dogs ! Like, a really heavy rain storm !  There was nobody at the door. Just the book.

Amazing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minutes ago, 1000 rescue workers found the boys and their soccer coach ALIVE in the flooded cave !

1000 plus GENIUSES !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yellow LAB with floppy ears...was freaking out due to fireworks in town. As usual.

I AM A GENIUS ! I put nice expensive BOSE noise reduction headphones on his head ( like you use when you travel all over the world on commercial airlines ) and MIRACLE ! HE IS NOW SITTING in front of TV with me, looking at images moving but hearing NOTHING !

HAPPY AS A CLAM !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that looks really pretty. Nice job !  To me that would have qualified as an " I am a genius " moment....putting wall where door used to be !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines