• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Info for owners of male house cats

Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found out that SOME male cats develop urinary problems due to crystals that form in the bladder

After a doctor visit we had to change our cat's diet... below is ONE flavor, there are many

These are available at Petco and Petsmart, not in the cat section in a grocery store

https://www.purina.com/cats/shop/pro-plan-urinary-tract-health-formula-turkey-giblets-wet-cat-food

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience any cat, male or female will eventually succumb to urinary tract failures if something else doesn't get them first.

I paid through the nose for special pet food when my cat's developed UTIs. At the time, CD Feline Urinary Formula was rx'd & dispensed through the vet's office only. All fine except the cats turned their noses up at it.  It was a losing battle.  I later switched to Hill's Prescription Diet and Blue Buffalo.  They really liked Blue Buffalo's lamb & venison varieties.  Spoiled for sure but it worked out well.  They all thrived well into their teens.  One cat lived to 22.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our cat would not eat either Hills CD or Royal SO brands of prescription wet food

He likes all flavors of the Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract canned food... and he has been healthy for 2 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the cost on Amazon?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I earn points and get a discount at both Petco and Petsmart, so for this I don't use Amazon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing you can do is make sure they always have plenty of fresh water. Change it often, It helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines