• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ISOLATION

Advisor ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot stuff out window. 15 sec spot called 'isolation'. Did the reverse the other day. Used camera tape for the blinds. Most boring 15 secs in the world.

Others might be doing something similar ... expressing in some way their feeling of isolation.

We see people singing and dancing and promoting themselves on social media but very few thoughtful and provocative displays of what isolation means to mental health and the feeling of loneliness.

If you feel like it, add something to this thread about your own sense of 'isolation'.

reverse.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you! I just sent it to you in a DM,  not sure if that was the way to send or not. It's ok, I just made it for an Instagram post, so it's 600x600 72dpi. I just noticed it has my copyright notice though. Let me know if you'd like that to be less visible. It's a combination of two separate images I sell for microstock. Anyway I'm glad you like it!

Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, thank you... i did get that pm. but the image isnt right size ( bottom part ) for full HD at 72ppi,

Is OK cause I can look at stupid house across the lake a bit longer without going bonkers.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the really nice thing about it ( the bottom one ) is that the creativity is growing 'through' a human, from the earth and through human, into elements ( line, repitition ( like a tree or plant )) and reaching up sorta... it's really nice.

the human is not you really, the artist, it's more like ME, the person looking at what you did. I like it.

: )

I guess that's what connects people who share stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, and I agree it's good for us to share our creative output. Nobody else quite "gets" us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

This is what it looks like... I had to put it into a full HD frame...so I just made a grey one.

LOCK SCREEN.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks! I can make it fit that whole screen, you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but it turns out that the grey makes it easy to see the white text ( time and date and those little icons on bottom right ). It's nice looking on the computer. Thanks a lot...as I like it very much.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my new 'locked out' screen looks like... when I click on it I am prompted by win 10 to enter a pin number to get into my computer. Sometimes I just look at it and don't wanna go into computer anymore... cause I'm happy looking at the art work.

🙂

IMAGINATION-1.png

The screen on computer has white text saying date time and some other stuff.. which works well on the grey background... easy to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For thirteen years I worked in film, television and advertising in New York.  I saw so many nifty tricks to achieve effects.  Using painters tape for blinds is quite clever. 

The best thing that we did was create a light set up that spun making a 'police car' light effect.  It would be fun to see what other clever tricks you are using in your shoots.  Keep sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't ants get sick ?

Cause they have little anty-bodies

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kshin, I also worked film in nyc (most of my life ) and then moved to MN. for retirement ( too expensive to stay in ny ). I'm poor basically.

As a grip I probably worked in many of the same stages you worked in... and know the same close by bars / restaurants ( near the stages ) where you could run and get lunch or dinner during 1 hour breaks. 1/2 hour breaks were catered at the stages.

You probably feel the same concern I have about those poor people who are now out of work and lost in this crazy uncertainty spiral of economic ruin and medical emergency.

Here's my initial 'isolation' thing... 11 secs. I lost some steam re: working more on it... it's too depressing.

hehe, duh, what was I expecting ???

https://vimeo.com/407678492

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some places that encouraged film people to be customers. Sometimes even famous bars and restaraunts ( and hotels ) encouraged 'entertainment' people to be customers.

One place near Kaufman Astoria would even cash checks ( from entertainment partners payroll co. which was bonded to cover all checks from producers ) on Friday nights. So you give mike a check for $2,000.00 (with your signature on back) he'd give you cash. Then you would buy the bar a drink and start ordering food. Plus get some more beer for yourself.

This was before direct deposit stuff and when banks took 3rd party checks from commercial accounts.

I hope all those places in Astoria survive this stupid stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing, from last post, the symbiotic relationship between some businesses and 'film people' here's a story beginning... maybe some tv episodic stupid story.

One night some criminal broke into the roof of Mike's business ( bar restaurant) and opened the safe and stold all the money. Also the checks.

They couldn't cash the checks but they loved the money.

Mike asked me, " Can you put a stop payment on your check and get a new one and give it to me ?"

Obviously, he already gave me the money for it and I did that the next day... and when I got the replacement check gave it to him.

film biz gets kinda the same as all business and customers and stuff... like your local grocery who lets you run a tab for the week.

I hope we learn how important that is. To be a community and care for one another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm done with this thing. Now 15 secs,

https://vimeo.com/411107609

It's a bit of a stretch, from nursery ryme (sp? ) to poetry of dubious affectations.

In a perfect world I might think about 2 shots of 1 sec each and pick up the pace a bit... plus get into color correction...  but I don't know what will happen now. I have no enthusiasm to do either one right now.

Anyway, the gist of the forum ( get help, be inspired ) must include idiots like me who work on personal stuff and like to share what's up.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

proof of me being an idiot... I misspelled 'ELIOT' ... at the end.. now have to go back and fix.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fixed stupid spelling mistake... still 15 secs. Might get into color correction next... improve images.

I think vimeo is downgrading resolution player due to lots of internet traffic. Can manually set to full HD.

https://vimeo.com/411753027

what's up with everyone ?? hope everyone is well and healthy.

If working on some personal project ( hopefully short cause I don't like watching long stuff ) why not share ??

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm taking baby steps... like a snail.... this is latest... gotta make 1st clip lamp shade and lamp stand match 2nd clip better...and get rid of yellow vertical on left of 1st clip frame...it's ugly.

https://vimeo.com/user43166312

probably get into it tomorrow...  any suggestions welcome.

🙂

hope everyone is OK !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

still basically staring out window but now it's nice and sunny and warm ( around 55 I guess ). fresh air coming into apt. via windows. So THAT'S a plus... winters are long in MN.

I grew up in nyc area ( born in Queens ) after WW2 was over. Lived in a house even after moving out to Nassau County ( upgrade for parents mostly but also us kids ).

and we had a MILKMAN !  Yes, it's true... some guy would come and deliver fresh milk, eggs, orange juice, butter, cheese... ( whatever you ordererd the day before ) at 6 AM, just in time for breakfast !

Yippeee !

We could bring the MILKMAN back ... that would help a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines