• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ISOLATION

Advisor ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot stuff out window. 15 sec spot called 'isolation'. Did the reverse the other day. Used camera tape for the blinds. Most boring 15 secs in the world.

Others might be doing something similar ... expressing in some way their feeling of isolation.

We see people singing and dancing and promoting themselves on social media but very few thoughtful and provocative displays of what isolation means to mental health and the feeling of loneliness.

If you feel like it, add something to this thread about your own sense of 'isolation'.

reverse.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally turned on editing computer with clips imported. wow, what a jerk I am.. I took reading with a light meter and overexposed the outside window stuff ( using raw ) a LOT... like a total idiot.

Luckily I can save it I think.. just did a little to see if I can salvage it... will only be on screen about 2 seconds.

sorta moving along-NOT.jpg

sorta moving along.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this started out as an idea of 15 secs of 'isolation' but I think it's leading me to 'death' instead. Weird how that happens. Like, the audience sees " not there, there, and then not there'. They have to make up own minds about what that means. It is not very optimistic at the moment.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the plate shot ( not in camera, in camera, not in camera...ghosting ) didn't work cause I was an idiot and used a swivel chair on wheels... and it moved... don't match. but this the end of that shot..and I can zoom in 50% without losing resolution.... so I think I have enough to do the 15 secs now...but it will be really stupid.

ring around the rosie.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ponytail for liking posts. it helps.

roughcut is 10 secs. title 2 secs ( isolation white text on black) and then maybe a credit at end ( 2 secs). I asked a friend to have his young daughter sing

ring around the rosie

pocket full of posey's

ashes, ashes

we all fall down'

I'll add a drum hit that the last word ( down ) if she does it.

and give her credit at end for singing.

timing is weird, cause I wanted 15 secs... but I'll figure it out maybe. Add a shot maybe.

no sound on this sample. no correction done except basic levels and some blue stuff on last shot.

" I feel blue " doesn't make it so I'll have to go in and mask that background out later. fix it separately.

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yikes. adding video made a really tiny video.. gonna add link instead.

https://vimeo.com/406908619 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! It looks good, and it does get across the idea of isolation, of looking at the outside world from behind window blinds. Looks like you're making good use of this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uploading last version ( with sound )... and vimeo is all screwed up... not working right.

will try another day,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird stuff going on with vimeo uploads ( from cs6 but I don't think that's the issue )

https://vimeo.com/406969791?utm_source=email&utm_medium=vimeo-cliptranscode-201504&utm_campaign=2922... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CSt6  too. The song adds a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something is weird with vimeo for that video isolation. I took an mp4 h264 from edit computer, then got sound stuff from friend via laptop ( has internet ). So I stuck the mp4 into cs6 with the sound file and uploaded.... and doing it like that did weird stuff maybe ( quality for one ).

also, if I google rodney bauer vimeo I don't see that video listed. How weird is that ?? !

So, anyway, I'm gonna go back into the editing computer and put the sound into the original and fix a couple things a little... ( like the cut to 50% increased scale of a window doesn't work for me )... and put that up on vimeo and delete the one that's up now...

Then I'll do a title and figure out where to go from there.... 

something to do.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I screwed up two 'shared node' things on the first clip. Will fix later. Probably user error but the shared node got messed up 2 times... so I have to go back and put in the original clip in out points ( start from scratch without that cut in the same clip ). hard to explain things that go wrong.

latest iteration of isolation... got one more idea about sound stuff... and then I'm dead in the water.

https://vimeo.com/407274758 

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a learning experience !

I found out you can't mess around with a shared node ... just make another node for more adjustments to it.

Also found out Vimeo can be really screwed up sometimes ( links to videos ).

here is the drum hit added to last word 'down'.

Today I'll mess around with that first clip again ( it has a cut in it which didn't work right aesthetically and that's where the shared node stuff comes in,

https://vimeo.com/407449861

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks pony tail. I fixed the 1st clip blown out window a little... levels... to get in ballpark .. and I had to go into media pool and bring in the original ( uncut ) clip and apply node ( not shared.... shared nodes apparently HATE working on the same clip that has an adjacent cut )

It's 10 secs now.. lost a second with new replacement and I don't care. 

Getting tired of this shelter in place stuff.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least you're being creative! I have a feeling we do better in this situation than many would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

took curse off first clip

https://vimeo.com/407678492

I guess you're right... creative types kinda 'express' themselves somehow ( song, dance, drawing, painting, media, etc. ) and it at least gives opportunity to try and stay human during hard times.

Not because of the 'message' as much as the use of semiotic ( communication ? ).  I couldn't care less about the stupid isolation thing as a specific message but do care about trying to do the best I can to just say it. Kinda like a bird singing maybe. No clue why but just do it.

Thanks for yappin 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recent Instagram post of mine:

"You might be stuck inside, but you can still draw."

imagination-CREATIVITY-white aa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like these. I could stare at Imagination for hours, its so deep actually. Thanks for posting them here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice artwork. Clever use of curves.

Look forward to seeing more from you

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that's really beautiful !  Thanks for showing me that. Makes me feel better just looking at it.

:0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pony tail can you send me a jpg at full HD 72 ppi of the 'imagination' graphic ? I want to use it as my startup screen when I boot the laptop in win 10. ( where you enter your pin after clicking it ).

I won't share with anyone else unless I ask first.

went food shopping and again they had no toilet paper. Got a truck load yesterday and it was all gone by noon.

looks like paper towels are gonna be the next step for me. not good for sewer pipes.

also they had like ZERO campbells soups... gone. and they can't get more right now.

so your graphic will cheer me up.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the pic I use now. original bmpcc ( not 4k) with a full chip nikkor 300mm on it...so it became about 900mm. shot across back yard of apt. building ( to house across the lake ).

I like your graphic better but it's OK if you don't want give away stuff for nothing.

300mm Test1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines