• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legality of using other users Facebook images

Mentor ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY QUESTION:   How would you feel  if I just took images from a facebook group page, images that you posted, and used them to make content for my own youtube channel?

Recently in a facebook group which is about photoshop elements I noticed some activity from one user I found a bit odd.

Typically, within 4 days of a user posting an image and asking "I need help with this shadow" or "How do I match the colors in these photos?"  The same exact image appears as a "tutorial" on his Youtube channel.

Many of the images used are of children:  football team picture, cheerleader picture, kid in a family picture type stuff.

I checked with 5 users: Only one had given permission.   One user contacted him and had the video removed.

All the videos on his youtube channel have commenting disabled, which leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

It all seems to be just a bad way of doing business to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted in this community by accident, I meant to post it in the photoshop elements group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the question still applies to any version! I agree it's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no excuse for theft.  Not when royalty-free stock images can be sourced for commercial use at minimal to no cost.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The guy in question continues to do it- I had to unblock him on facebook to check his activity,  then wait 48 hours before I could block him again.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing Adobe can do. You should report his abuse to Facebook and YouTube.  Let them take appropriate action.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I allready have:  Both  tell me the same thing:   "doesn't violate our community standards, blah blah blah"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does surly violate their terms. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The guy that continues to do really chaffs me.    He's quite smart when it comes to multi- media stuff, has thousands of dollars of specialized equipement.   When it comes to his youtube channel (where he disables comments for every single video) he basically steals images and uses them to make instructional videos, which honestly are not that good- he often over complicates things that could be taken care with a couple of Powerpoint Slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines