Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revoked licence Lightroom 6

Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used genuine Adobe software all my professional life and therefore the following is very distressing.

Purchasing Lightroom 6 in January 2018 from an online seller I checked with Adobe to make sure it was authentic and everything was deemed okay.  Recently, I have replaced my SSD and decided to do a clean install rather than clone my old drive.  It now appears the seller was using a Volume license which was never meant to be sold to an individual and despite two years of being online Adobe licensing has now only caught up to that fact. My licence is revoked….. if I had cloned the drive it would be okay but not a new install.

Endeavoured to resolve with the chat line and by telephone... besides being threatened, belittled and pushed towards a paid service [one which was higher than the current offer no less] the help services of Adobe are none existence… I have become a pariah despite owning several other Adobe software [Photoshop, Elements etc]. 

I was informed that a senior person would ring me some days ago, no one to date has tried…. either my landline or mobile [both register calls received]. 

It appears that individuals need to patrol the licencing rather than Adobe, as it is now, I have several years work invested in Lightroom obsolete simply because Adobe could not police their licencing system.  I have shown than proof of purchase supported by my raised question in January 18, along with a further open question in September 19 recorded along with the serial number to no avail.

I had no reason to upgrade my software as I am now retired and only a light amateur user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other user is going to be able to help with Adobe being "slow" to catch illegal sellers... contacting Adobe support to verify a serial number seemingly does not "trigger" the support person to do more than verify that the number is valid FOR THE STATED PURPOSE of being used by an organization

You are far from being the 1st person who has made a purchase that was later found to not be legal... not your fault, this is fraud by the seller

If you don't want a subscription (Photoshop + Lightroom is $9.99 per month) you might check to see if the one time purchase of Photoshop Elements will do what you need

http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.... I already have a recent Elements but upgraded to Lightroom to manage my photo library.  

My concern is not about me finding a illegal seller but the manner / approach by Adobe.

For instance yesterday I followed up why no one has called..... to be told they had on more than one occasion... I asked to confirm the numbers used {as on my profile} and then said it was funny the calls had not been registered on my phone or mobile.... it went silent and a few minutes later....sorry the right person will ring in the next 12 hours.

I have received no call. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you expecting to gain from a phone call, really?   Your gripe isn't with Adobe, it's with the corrupt re-seller who exploited corporate volume license discounts and sold them to unsuspecting individuals like you.  Unfortunately, both you and Adobe are victims of the  fraud.  I don't know what more there is to say except I'm sorry you got caught up in it.   And if you've learned anything from this experience it's to buy directly from the software maker even if it costs a few dollars more. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy.... I just expect a good company to follow through on a complaint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même souci, et pourtant j'ai bien acheté ma licence pour Lightroom 6

Adobe est incapable de me proposer une solution

Que faire ?

Google translate

I have the same concern, and yet I bought my license for Lightroom 6

Adobe is unable to offer me a solution

What to do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helpme0077 Thanks Nancy.... I just expect a good company to follow through on a complaint. 
marielle.vandermarliere@gmail. Adobe is unable to offer me a solution What to do ?

Adobe does not have a solution, because it was fraud by someone else when they sold you an illegal version

Yes, Adobe could/should have caught the problem sooner, but that is the nature of fraud... the illegal seller was selling a serial number that was legal for a volume license, and it took Adobe more time to realize that many individuals were using that serial number, not the employees of the business that originally bought the number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je n'ai pas acheté de version illégale; j'en suis certaine; mais il s'agissait d'un achat de licences groupées par mon club photo; chacun a payé sa licence et c'était bien un achat auprès d'un organisme officiel

Google translate

I did not buy an illegal version; I am sure of it; but it was a purchase of licenses grouped by my 
photo club; each paid his license and it was a purchase from an official body

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, in these communities we are not in a position to assist you other to suggest what may have occurred

Based on your description, what may have happened was that your photo club bought a a perfectly valid volume license from Adobe. But such licenses are absolutely not to be resold; they are for use within an organization and not to be resold to anyone, including members of that organization. Volume licenses are not designed to be a volume discount for multiple individuals. Possibly, as the product was activated over and over again with the same serial number / activation code, Adobe may have recognized that the volume license was not being used as intended for that type of volume license and shut it down for subsequent activations. Again, this is only speculation, but a possibility.

If though, you have documentation that this was a discounted purchase of multiple individual copies of the product (each of which would have had its own activation code / serial number), contact Adobe Customer Support with that documentation.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Le problème est que suite à un souci sur mon portable, j'ai du réinstaller LR sur un nouvel ordi. Adobe pense peut etre que c'est une personne en plus connectée sur le contrat, mais ce n'est pas le cas. Je n'ai pas de contact chez Adobe pour la gestion de ma licence car ce n'est pas une licence achetée à titre particulier.

Je ne suis pas la seule dans ce cas; j'envisage de porter le pb sur internet pour creer un collectif pour permettre à ceux qui comme moi ont payé leur licence de pouvoir accéder au produit acheté; je n'ai pas le choix puisque pas de contact possible chez Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines