Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small budget: Waiting for VS ipad 2020 VS XP-Pen/Huion

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

an artist friend, I would say an analogic artist, which currently is completely disconnected from the digital world, is missing a huge chunk of job opportunities such as digital paintings, digital illustration etc. 
Moreover working analogically I have to help her in scanning and adjust a plethora of paper and canvas illustrations and paintings, which is just extra time and cost, 'cause all in all clients does not care about the medium.

She has a small budget and asked for guideance about how to spend this money.
She can effort: 

iPad (the standard version)+ Procreate
XP-Pen up to 22E Pro
Huion up to Kamvas 22

The big problem is that she has no PC... 😄

I don't know which one of these options adopt, any help from those personally on this matter, would be great:

iPad: Personally pair Procreate with iPad I see it as a second passage or anyway an option when you already have a PC, and I don't know how she could feel by drawing on a 10 inches screen, but she does well on a traditional tablet connected to a PC.
Moreover I have no clue of what file options provide Procreate, 'cause for work reasons it would be better having the chance to save up 20k pixels/300ppi. 

XP-Pen and Huion: requires both a PC but at that point, once you have your own monitor, what's the convenience in the pen displays rather than a normal graphic tablet and looking at the screen when you are drawing?.

What do you think? wait for a larger budget or go for iPad+Procreate?

ty!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @IcKz13 

Since this is not a question about Adobe Photoshop or other Adobe software, I have moved your question from the Photoshop forum to "The Lounge".

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines