• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some questions about mobile phones

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phones are quite the pricey tools these days, so I want to proceed carefully. I need a new smartphone I would like to know what phones the Adobe CC community uses.

A few questions:

1. What smartphone do you use?
  2. What Adobe CC apps do you use on your phone?
  3. Do you use content created on your phone (photos, videos, graphics) in products for clients?

Thanks.

Scott M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. iPhone 7 Plus
  2. Capture for sure. I love that app. I also use Lightroom, Photoshop Fix, Photoshop Mix, Premiere Clip, and sometimes Draw. Those are just the ones I use most. I've used a few others. I also use a few CC-connected third-party apps like one from Moleskine for vectorizing hand-drawn stuff and one from Pantone.
  3. Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Iphone 7

2. Capture, Color (Formerly Kuler) sometimes Spark Post, sometimes Lightroom.

3. Yes, but I tend to do more of the work on a laptop vs. a phone.  Much easier, more powerful, and more options depending on what is needed.

My advice to you in looking for a phone is to either 1. wait for holidays because there have been a lot of sales going on, or 2. look for specials you can take advantage of.  Phone sales are not what they used to be because phone prices have gone up so many retailers (first party and resellers) have begun discounting phones, or including items like gift cards to offset the high price of phones recently since they don't sell like they used to under the subsidized plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own and use 3 windows phones because they are cheap, work and allow me to sync to my work | home servers.

Adobe has zero support for Windows phones and the only app that 'sort of' works on a Windows phone is acrobat reader but thats not something I need and pdf docs work with 3rd party readers

my advice is decide what you want this new phone to do... how long you want the batty to last and how much $$ you want to spend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samsung Galaxy S6

Lightroom mobile and CapturePersonal use only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I was hoping to discern whether iOS or Android had any benefits over the other. My current phone is an iPhone 5S. I use it to capture photos and videos that I sometimes use in products I develop for clients, which I guess makes me a little of an anomaly. Since this is a small sample, I will probably just stay with the OS eco-system. There are android phones that match or even beat its camera quality, but hearing no obvious Android cheerleaders I think I will just avoid the Android bloatware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cameras in the iPhone 7 are fantastic. If you're taking photos or videos for clients, it would really benefit you to upgrade (and the faster speed of apps doesn't hurt either).

Depending on what country you live in, Apple has a pretty handy program where you just pay them a little bit every month and, at the end of two years, the phone is yours OR you can just switch to a new phone every year and keep paying them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines