Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957  wrote

Thanks for the info. I figured it was a long shot. Just one of those odd happenstances, then.

--OB

No, good eye OB. I would have said "wow" after seeing that.    Synchronicity, I guess (similar but unrelated events).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo is the most New York City thing i've ever seen: a person sitting on a subway bench and looking at their phone/reading their book while a literal ceiling is COLLAPSED in front of them.  Krystie Lee Yandoli on Twitter: "this photo is the most New York City thing i've ever seen: a person...

borough hall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the rent a cop holding a beer? that would make him Australian on a work visa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hand-held radio. You can see the antenna if you freeze-frame the video in the thread. Of course if Aussies drink beer through straws, then there goes that theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

This photo is the most New York City thing i've ever seen: a person sitting on a subway bench and looking at their phone/reading their book while a literal ceiling is COLLAPSED in front of them. 

Probably busy posting it to Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc., etc....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldBob1957  wrote

gener7   wrote

This photo is the most New York City thing i've ever seen: a person sitting on a subway bench and looking at their phone/reading their book while a literal ceiling is COLLAPSED in front of them. 

Probably busy posting it to Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, etc., etc....

Now there's a thought.  You have likely nailed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever was behind the police officer likely beat him to it. Most are like, "I don't got time to stare at this, I have a train to catch. if I miss this one, I'm stuck for another 20 minutes."

In NYC, gawking at something in that crowded city especially while blocking a sidewalk, means your a "tourist"...same category as "hick".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At long last...

Spirit Animal.jpg

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you can bring him on an airline as a therapy pet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene that is so yesterday.  Get with the program, and adopt him as a Yoga Pig

ttps://www.treehugger.com/culture/goat-yoga-therapy.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

I wonder if you can bring him on an airline as a therapy pet.

no but you can prob get him as the in flight meal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Flight 047 to Tower: We saw a dead pig on the airfield."

"Tower to Flight 047: Roger that and hold, the chefs are on the way."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proving real life can be stranger than fiction.  The event two minutes in is beyond priceless.

It'll surely be on every news channel tonight, but here's a link just in case

Cameras capture every angle of Canadian couple’s snack-throwing, ceiling-shattering arrest - The Was...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow she needs to lay off the chips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

wow she needs to lay off the chips

If you are referring to the moment when she clambers into the space above the suspended ceiling, and the ultra wide angle lens on the CCTV camera only just manages to contain her disappearing rear end?  Well I am not even going to go there.

Except I just have. Whoops! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too heavy for the roof cables is what I was thinking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, everything about these two are so mind numbingly insane. They start off trying to use stolen credit cards in a convenience store, where every petty thief in town tries their luck. Their idea of an escape plan involves running, trying out doors, climbing into ceilings and fighting off experienced cops.

I hope they have parents. They ain't gonna make it on their own. Anyway on with the thread.

DgttIBUVQAE2q2A.jpg orig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene, for some bizarre reason, your last post has put me in mind of the Peter Cook and Dudley Moore conversations over pints of beer in the comedy sketch program they did many years ago.  The second window and its question is what is doing it I think.  It also has me thinking of this sketch from The Secret Policeman's Ball.  Dudley Moore is not in this one, but you'll recognise some other faces.  It's the Rowan Atkinson character that makes me laugh.  It dates back to 1979!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those poor old French.  It all went horribly wrong for them on Bastille Day of all days, with millions watching.  First we had La Collision

Then one of the crack pilots, of their airforce display team, pressed the wrong button, and reinvented the French flag colours!

Not a good day for them.  I blame Macron for buddying up with Trump.  Actually, I though that Macron was doing a Sun Tzu and keeping his enemies close to him.  Trump would totally take at face value anyone pretending to admire him after all.

Speaking of The Trumpkin, he reached an all time low when he met The Queen yesterday.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing when he turn his back on her, and walked ahead leaving her, no doubt fuming, in his dust.  This took his narcissist behaviour, and self importance, to a whole new level.  Way to go Donald.

I expect he was getting his own back over the Baby Trump that flew over London during his visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as protest go I like the bady babyTrump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all our photographers out there; remember that it is nice to take turns.

Photo Shoot.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tempted to think that was a photo-edit OB, but I would not be surprised if that was one of those "great moments."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

I'm tempted to think that was a photo-edit OB, but I would not be surprised if that was one of those "great moments."

Or one of those 'peanut on the hot shoe' tricks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if they were done in Photoshop, they are still great images .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

Even if they were done in Photoshop, they are still great images .

It still takes something away from the picture IMHO.

This image by premier NZ landscape Photographer Andris Apse is an all time favourite of mine. and some of what makes it so is the story behind it.  It cost Andy Apse NZ$10K in helicopter flights to finally get the image he'd for so long envisaged. Like many of his pictures, it was staged with the fishing boat bobbing about in stormy waters just outside Doubtful Sound in Fiordland.

When I got to hear him talk about this picture, it turned out that it is a composite with the waves braking on the rocky shore line, came from a different shot to the fishing boat.  He also told us that it nearly cost him his life.  The helicopter was holding position against a strong wind coming from directly behind it.  At one point the wind blew out the turbine (does that make sense?) and the helicopter started to fall towards the water.  At that moment Andris said his thoughts were that no one would get to see the pictures he'd just taken.  The pilot was obviously able to recover, but it was apparently a very close run thing.

Image result for andris apse fishing boat

This was also set up.  He'd driven past the field and could see there was a shot in it, so called on the farmer who agreed to run the combines especially for the photograph.  It pays to be as famous as Andy Apse!

Canterbury. Two Harvesters working in a barley field at sunset.

Of all his 'staged' images, this one has to be the most involved.  It was commissioned by Otago Tourism, and he agreed to take the picture for nothing if he kept ownership.  The location is across the lake from Queenstown.  Each day the Earnslaw crew had to start at 4AM to get the boiler fired up, and volunteer 'tourists' would gather at Queenstown.  The biggest problem was the sheep — they can only be kept penned up for two days without feed, and I think it took longer than that for the light to come right.

On the day it all came together, the Earnslaw took the tourists across the lake, the musterers and their dogs got the sheep into position, and Andy got his picture.  It has been one of his top sellers.

Sheep muster at Mount Nicholas Station Horses Lake Wakatipu Otago. The historic steamer "Earnslaw" at the wharf.

I'm lucky enough to have full res versions of about 200 of his pictures, because I set up optimised slideshows for various display sizes for him, but I obviously have to use only online versions of his images in threads like this.  Hearing the stories behind his best known images was interesting, but I still felt a bit disappointed after finding out the fishing boat picture was a composite — even if the source images were taken within a few minutes of each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines