Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that fire chief has much experience with actual aircraft water drops.

Given what happens, his comment is physically impossible. A matter of physics. You don't park a plane or chopper with several tons of water 50 feet over a fire.

Any body trying would cause a much worse issue by personally becoming part of the mess. So his comment is so ignorant of reality I don't think he has any idea of airdrops either. But then I wouldn't expect much of such use in NYC ... it's not forest area.

And as I've known people right under drops, they were grateful for the water, and suffered no ill effects whatever. So that part of his comment is also  ... incorrect.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit late for Easter, but well rendered and funny.

abunn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil I think you'll find that this is rain

Light-Rain.gif

And this is a water tanker

Water-Bomb.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fake bad Photoshop drop is the best you can do? Wow.

That  drop was at a level that simply would NEVER be used over a fire. So ... completely irrelevant. And the after-picture isn't at all believable. Pretty bad photo-shopping, really. As even the plane has been "shopped" in. First the other vehicles have all completely disappeared, and second, the area 'covered' by water miraculously is only over the road, nothing into the verge on either side. Third ... that would take FAR more water than any tanker flying to cover that area.

If you find this at all believable, well ... you need better vision instruments

Do you have the first idea what fire does to air currents and aircraft engines? Doesn't sound like it.

You would NEVER fly an aircraft within 1,000 feet of any major fire if that. This shows a 'drop' from what, 50 feet?

The only useful thing of that image is notice how rapidly the drop is spreading?

In something like 50-100 feet, it's already wider than that plane's 100+ foot wingspan. Think about that. And as the plane is moving above 150mph, it's also spread out over at least 600 feet lengthways. And 100 feet vertically.

In a real drop, not this fake thing you pulled up ... the water falling from the plane at between 150mph and 250 mph hits the air like a wall ... and reacts, like this, by ... atomization. Going into droplets, covering a rapidly expanding area. The expansion continues all the way to the ground ... by the time the water falls from a plane at 150mph to ground 1,000 feet below, the thousand gallons or so now cover an area of several acres. Which is why tanker-drops can only slow fire growth, and do not actually put fires out in real work.

You clearly have no real experience of fire-fighting water-drops and how they can be planned and controlled. Which is fine ... most people don't. I've been near some real-time drops. Watched them. And had good friends who were forestry employees and got to spend a couple months firefighting some summers.

And had water-drops around them many times a day. And talked of the only shower they had available was if they were close enough to or under a water-drop.

But I know, some folks are so invested in Trump blasting they in turn say intemperate things, we're all human.

I prefer reality. Which is actually kind of common for those of us on the spectrum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, Love your posts here. Logical reasoning minds like yours are beautiful to me. So few good thinkers still exist. Reason, logic, problem solving and research add even more to the beauty of the mind.

I wonder how much more fun we could have and work we could get done if half of the people took off their Trump distortion glasses and minded their own problems and business. Spending so much energy, time and thought on Trump indicate he controls your behavior and thoughts. He is worth - at the most - five minutes a day.

Hugs, Joan H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one Trevor !

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I don't see a faked response as particularly useful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since he qualified his statement with "probably", I let that go as an opinion, not an attempt at micromanaging firefighting operations in Paris. My thought is that Pres. Trump should keep public statements down to well wishes and offers of support, but then again I'm no fun at parties.

While water drops are used in combating brush and forest fires, Russia has one for skyscrapers.

Helicopter Helps Extinguish Fires in Skyscrapers - Aerospace Manufacturing and Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

Personally, I don't see a faked response as particularly useful.

Neil

Neil you are too much .  And so totally predictable. 

The tanker drop was real.  I just added the lake, So I guess you got most of that wrong as well. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/1k0xfq/water_drop_on_an_accident_on_the_translabrador/

But this is nothing to do with the realities of aerial fire fighting, and more about being so desperate to keep the GOP in power, you are prepared to overlook the fact that Trump is a despicable person with no redeeming  features.   He lies constantly, even when he has no need to.  He cheats in business and boasts of paying no tax. He is guilty of sexual misconduct of the worst kind (the Access Hollywood tape is just one example — Stormy Daniels another).  He has total disregard for the environment (he put Scott Pruitt — someone possibly even worst than Trump — in charge of the EPA).  He sympathizes with White Supremacists (his comments after Charlottesville), and is flat out a racist — which he probably learned from his dad.  His family met with Russians who offered to medal with your elections, and you'd  have to be blind and stupid to believe Trump had no knowledge of that.   His idea of being President of the United States is to spend hours watching flattering TV programs; not read briefing notes (he apparently doesn't read books, but likes the bits that  say nice things about him read out for him — I guess being dyslexic is not a crime )   But most scary of all is that he is certifiably insane .

I am genuinely puzzled how any supposedly intelligent person can reconcile Trump's shortcomings enough to be able to support him as President.   There are none so blind as those that won't see, I guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am constantly amazed at what passes for consistent logic these days.

Your claims about me are absolutely absurd. The only thing I can assume is you have such limited contact with anyone who is actually different than you that you make wild guesses.

And anyone who complains about Trump's sexual behavior after Mr. Clinton's  ... serial issues, up to and including a very credible charge of rape, with a witness that was there at the time ... let alone his behavior  in the Oval Office  ... and defended the Clintons  ... has simple credibility issues to begin with. Obviously, it isn't the behavior that matters but who has been accused.

And given the low standards the US press has now ... one of the "supporting witnesses" listed against Mr. Kavanaugh for instance did not even know the accuser at the time or for several years after, and didn't have a high opinion of the accuser. NBC interviewed her rather quickly  ... but did not release the information that the backup witness was casting doubts about the accuser's credibility until after the confirmation.

So I have difficulty accepting a press account without backup. Besides the missus and I have been "interviewed" for articles on our business where the "reporter" never made the 15 minutes trip to our shop, but sent a letter asking us for a picture and a few questions to answer.

The resultant article was intriguing as even when we gave them printed quotes,  they changed them around so that for anyone in our industry they made no sense. This was in the paper for our State Capital, along with the articles on the legislature. I've had friends and family in both parties in the legislature and they all are simply amazed when a reporter actually gets a quote right.

It seems wise to have a great deal of scepticism these days.

Mr. Trump would not have been my 30th choice of Republican candidates but considering the alternative, the utter corruption of the Clintons, well.

And the result is the lowest unemployment rates for minorities in history. Among others. Sorry but I don't find that a terrible thing. No, I still don't see any "couth" in the man. But that is separate from what is actually happening.

And even with Clinton's horrific personal behavior, he did a pretty decent job at times working with Congress. Horrible personal ethics don't always preclude making accomplishments at work.

And you might actually work at getting to know someone before making wild comments about them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

I think you'll find that this is rain

And this is a water tanker

Trevor, those are brilliant visuals!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D5KuBLGVUAA4hGO.jpg orig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, whatta ya know...

Wise Monkeys.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tweet no evil.

A good reminder of the unfortunate confluence of instant information and the decline of professional journalism (as newspapers become less relevant). There is so much misinformation circulating around, too few people swatting it down, and so many people without any apparent compunction to broadcast false information for political gain. Thank goodness for NPR, where a person would be hard pressed to come up with any incorrectly reported facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on Twitter for many years, but I think of it in terms of a newsfeed. All the responsible news outlets (even NPR) and public service agencies have a Twitter presence. I subscribe to them. They summarize their stories in "tweets" with a link to their site for more information. This makes it easy to scan tweets for what I want to know. I use "hashtags" for events: #SantaRosafire to get updates on a particular brushfire near me. then I also use the searchbox for other subjects. So I end up getting a wealth of curated information.

I even have a browser plugin that warns me when a link leads to a site with a low reputation score. Daily Mail or some tabloid usually.

BBC and Skynews are there to, sometimes with live video feeds. For health, the CDC, WebMD and even the famed Mayo Clinic. All for no charge, unless you want premium access.

Yes, there is misinformation, but you would not pick up the National Enquirer or listen to a talk show personality rave against vaccines.

Same with the Internet. Seek out responsible sources. They are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice:

Turtle.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know it is time to give up  driving, when your dog has  this look on its face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fire is below the roof,

This is most important. It's like watering the hood of a car with a burning engine.

French proverb : "He (Trump) lost an opportunity to keep quiet".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case, today the most important thing is my favorite pet's 40th birthday : Alien Universe | Official Alien Movies Fan Hub – Join the Crew!

Alien.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you "think" you are creative- take this test to see what type you are... (visuals are fun even if all makes no sense.)

Creative Types by Adobe Create

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Kat+Gilbert  wrote

If you "think" you are creative- take this test to see what type you are... (visuals are fun even if all makes no sense.)

Creative Types by Adobe Create

Cute.  Did anybody notice that the About page can't scroll down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It scrolls OK for me in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's broken in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines