• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sony ereader unable to access content due to DRM problem

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have a sony ereader and i am unable to access my content. I get an error reading saying I do not have DRM authorisation. I have tried setiing up an account but it doesnt work. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please specify the Adobe application you are using.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena apologies for not getting back sooner I was interstate.

The Adobe application is ADOBE DRM and I am using the Australian site. I think the problem started when I changed email from n.allan@bigpond.net.au<mailto:n.allan@bigpond.net.au> to nick@allanfamily.com<mailto:nick@allanfamily.com>.

Now regardless of which email I use my ereader will not allow me to red my content which I originally bought from the Sony ereader store. I can see the book titles but when I try to open a book I get the error message saying protected by digital rights management

Grateful if you can suggest a way to re-authorise my content

Regards

Nick Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that be something you would have to contact the Sony eReader Store for? Adobe really doesn't have anything to do with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad the Sony ereader store was shut down by Sony and everything transferred to KOBO. There does not seem to be a way to cancel the DRM that the content on my ereader uses

Regards

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DRM is set up by the distributor of the publication. I honestly don't see a way that Adobe can help with that as it would likely be against the law for Adobe to break the DRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Brad, seems I will have to lose my content. This is one occasion where DRM works against legitimate owners who have paid for content.

Regards

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines