• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

THE WORST excuse for a Presidential Debate EVER!!!!!

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jake Tapper:  "A hot mess, inside a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck.  That's the worst debate I have ever seen, in fa... it wasn't even a debate. It was a disgrace."

Dana Bash:  "That was a sh*t show."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/30/jake-tapper-dana-bash-debate-reaction-vpx.cnn/video/p...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having informed voters isn't good for anyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now twitter and other left leaning media are refusing to report on the huge mess that is hunter biden doing "play for pay" to give access to his father when he was Vice President

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless Savannah Guthrie for pushing back and saying what's on everyone's mind.

"You're the president. You're not like someone's crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/10/15/21518763/savannah-guthrie-trump-town-hall-nbc-mia...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the investigation into the fake Russia document (which was paid for by Hillary's campaign) Adam Schiff made public statements about "evidence" that contradicted the private briefings he was given... all in an effort to remove Trump

Schiff is now back to making false statements again, this time to try and shield the father and son Biden team from being investigated for what seems to be "pay for play" access to the then Vice President

It will be very interesting to see if Biden answers questions at the next debate

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ratcliffe-hunter-biden-laptop-emails-not-russian-disinformation-cam...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Don't allow yourself to be hoodwinked.  The alleged Hunter Biden e-mails are bogus.  This has been debunked by real journalists who take their fact checking seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-truth-behind-the-hunter-biden-non-scandal/2020/10/16/798...

The New York Post where this alleged story broke is a right-leaning tabloid about NY sports, business & entertainment.  Widely known for sensationalism, NY Post reporting (if it can be called that) must be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that I will wait for an FBI investigation, except the FBI is not always neutral

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/former-fbi-lawyer-to-plead-guilty-as-part-of-rus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My state is entirely vote-by-mail for which I'm grateful.  Across the country, 5 million citizens per day are voting early for which I am also grateful.  Even if there is another Pres debate or  FBI probe or whatever..., it will have little impact on this election's results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  This US election is a real nailbiter.  Breaking all time records for voter turnout, most ballots counted AND durring a global pandemic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not really care "red" or "blue" policy (well, maybe a bit), but what I do REALLY care about is wether a president manage to Unite or Devide. Is it going to be USA or DSA (devided states of the America)?

My Wife is from the USA and I do hope she still will be.

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrote a "the" in the "DSA", should have been "devided states of America"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND durring a global pandemic. 

I think the record number of absentee and mail ballots is due more to the pandemic than the current political circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob 

In some states, voting by mail was the ONLY option. In other states, early voting brought out millions of voters who stood in long lines for several hours to cast their ballots. That takes a level of commitment rarely if ever seen in this country before.

@Dag N,

I agree with you.  I think the people have demonstrated that diversity isn't what divides us nearly as much as fake news and rhetoric.  As a people, we really can do great things when we work together.  We've done it before and I'm confident we'll do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Well said, USA at its best can do really great things, and diversity is what the USA is about. The greatest melting pot in the world, please be proud of that.

Last time a republic candidate lost the election, in 2008, John McCain gave a speach that showed a GREAT man doing the right thing, a way that gives tremendes respect for him, and for unity.

Hope this link works (can be blocked for foreign use, meaning other countries than Norway):

https://www.nrk.no/video/john-mccains-nederlagstale-i-2008--vi-maa-heve-oss-over-tapet-og-jobbe-samm...

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Last time a republic candidate lost the election"

Well, not thinking about Obama for second election. Thought more about "big change", not second term, even this election is about "4 more years", it seems to be more about a big change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a big change.  Kamala Harris is about to become our first woman VP and our first VP of color.  Cristabel Pankhust would be pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"first woman VP"

Hurray for that!

Have been thinking for a while now that it should be a more representative (we are approx 50/50 women and men in this world, aren't we) leadership at the top.

PS! New first lady who wants to keep on working as a teacher, go go go, stay normal!

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard for a while now something about stealing the election, just a bit stange to me.

I mean, if you steal it, where would you put it? Can't see where it should be hidden (unless it's stuffed up in President Trump's (no dirty thoughts here please) secret shelf).

Just have one sugestion;

NOBODY leaves the room, before it's found!

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how having tities makes you better at the job but I agree having less prickly-pears could be a good thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just being polite and respectful would go quite fine! A job can be done in a many ways.

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't see how having tities makes you better at the job"

Maybe not, maybe yes, but anyway, a 50/50 mix of gender reflects the society, which I think is a plain fair way to go.

Tities (if I get that word correct) should maybe not be mixed into politics.

PS! "Ussnorway"

Why that username? Have you served on a boat? Family from the "old country"?

Just curious. Could try this (don't think google translate work): Preikar'u  som døling?

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my username comes from an old Sifi book "Downbelow Station"about a captian that stops fighting a pointless war and looks for something worth fighting for... the USSNORWAY was her ship but the book shocked the US and suffered massive censorship;

a female captain was seen as dangerous because females don't obey silly orders and of course fighting pointless wars isn't something you want the general public to know about

p.s, you get the word correct mate and I agree politics should be about the policies

p.p.s, yes I served

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Nice to hear, and you have indeed selected a good username.

"Don't obey silly orders" nor "fighting pointless wars", should be thought about way more than what seems to be "the normal". Maybe too much men around deciding stuff 🙂

Dag

PS! I have also served, but in civil defense (no weapons), and the last years was with decontamination (nice knowledge to have now a days).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"my username comes from an old Sifi book..."

I'm gobsmacked.  All this time I thought Ussnorway was a REAL ship 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SS Norway was a real ship, but the original name of that ship was SS France.

Dag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines