Exit

Update: I flew !!! [Trip to Las Vegas 2nd Thoughts Boeing Problems]

Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I flew !!!
https://www.direct2usales.com/VEGAS.HTM

My upcoming trip to Las Vegas is on Alaska Airlines... I am watching the investigation into the problem(s) with Boeing planes closely... and I am very concerned that 'several' planes have been found to have problems... I have trip insurance that I have never used before, and I'm thinking that I may find out this time just how easy/hard it is to make a claim... my trip is in late March, so I will decide early in the month if I want to cancel... or not

https://apnews.com/article/boeing-investigation-ntsb-safety-airplanes-d9e28fe1a11dafe4f639268504bdb8...

https://apnews.com/article/united-airlines-ceo-boeing-manufacturing-problems-4090ea6176ef59e382dd18e...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that would be way above our pay grade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found on the Internet (not a link to an article) so I can't verify the numbers, but lines up with what I've read about Boeing

Hopefully new 'new' attention by the airlines and FAA will improve quality

Boeing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boeing needs to find out who worked on the door and EVERY ONE OF THEM needs to be fired

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13110213/Boeing-fires-737-Max-chief-fuselage-panel-blew-Ala...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boeing replaces head of 737 MAX program after 18 years with the company.

https://fortune.com/2024/02/21/boeing-737-max-ed-clark-resigns-leadership-management-change/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted on Twitter/X, Feb 25 at 6:40 pm.  Take what you will from it.

I’m done with Boeing. On my flight here, the compartment behind me wouldn’t close. On the flight back, my seat was broken. When I raised this issue, the flight attendant was like “well if we bring this up we won’t be able to take off.”

Then we had a maintenance issue. “There’s some rare red light on.” I overheard most of the maintenance conversation. The plan was to solve it like an old person fixes a computer problem. Unplug it and plug it back in! They did this 3x and then “they got enough voltage into it for the light to turn off.”

We’re very late at this point. The fu*king front wheel on this plane does not sound right. Anyways, we take off. Flight does not feel right. We go up and then down. Nothing too drastic. Then the flight attendant gets on the phone for a long conversation. Hmm.

Eventually the pilot comes on all serious “automation is broken, we can’t get altitude. We have to go back to the airport we took off from. Don’t be alarmed by the emergency vehicles. This is normal for when the plane lands ‘heavy’.”

We circle for a while and possibly dump some fuel into the ocean. Thankfully we landed safely but what a sh*t show. The seat and the luggage compartment seem like small issues but if they’re not doing maintenance and quality control on the small stuff they’re missing the big important stuff too. This was a post-merger Boeing. 737-800. Tired of this.

😱

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I want to make one more update, because it's crazy. When we got off the plane, we asked the team from American if they were going to reuse that plane for the next flight because no one I spoke to wanted to ride it again.

The American team replied confidently that that plane WOULD NOT be flown again because it clearly had some major issues and that it "would be in the hangar for a while" while they worked those issues out.

Well, guess what?  That same plane flew to Jamaica today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>team from American

My flight next month is on Alaska, and after all the 'hoo-haw' the Alaska CEO raised and the extra inspections I am, right now, still planning to fly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm flying to CA, this Friday, on American. We'll see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2-29-24 I wonder if there will be criminal charges in the future?

I think every worker involved with that door needs to be fired... and maybe charged

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/justice-department-probing-boeing-midair-door-plug-blowout/ar-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also need a new Secretary of Transportation: https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/pete-buttigieg-boeing-max9/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better hope there isn't a gov't shutdown!  This will adversely impact travel safety for everyone just as it did in 2018-2019 under the Trump admin.

https://ourpublicservice.org/blog/a-government-shutdown-would-threaten-air-travel-and-safety/

On another note, introducing new SUPER Economy seats, coming soon to an airline near you.

GHg5Ac7XUAEx1uN.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my way to CA.

20240301_112116.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a safe flight!

It's raining like crazy here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yea, my wife has been out in C for 2 months and has been filling me in. Flight wasn't bad, except that I got there before my luggage, so had to go back and get it. Had a little visitor, this morning.

LRM_20240302_081115.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad your flight went well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens: Boeing whistleblower found shot dead in the head.

John Barnett had worked for Boeing for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017.  In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68534703

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... article said he retired due to healh, and gunshot was self inflicted... timing is 'odd'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! that's crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lawyers say he was happy, no signs of self termination... timing is very odd

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-boeing-whistleblower-s-lawyers-want-more-information-about-hi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly suspicious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said there need to be criminal charges... maybe the ones involved will be charged

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fbi-tells-alaska-airlines-737-max-9-passengers-they-may-be-crime-v...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a related Boeing matter, report says Boeing 787 nosedive that left 50 passengers injured was likely caused by flight attendant bumping cockpit switch.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/03/15/boeing-787-nosedive-latam-cockpit-incident/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boeing just pulled a classic corporate America move and promoted a woman to clean up its safety mess, also known as promotion to the "glass cliff."  In times of crisis, male-led companies pick women and people of color to try to right the ship.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/boeing-just-pulled-a-classic-corporate-america-move-and-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be, but I think it's good that they hired within the company rather than bring in a no nothing fixer. A good part of the time that I was at Boeing I worked under a VP  named Claire Leon. She was an engineer, and brought on at a time when they were trying to get more female engineers. She was hard nosed, but really did a great job. She hated her photo being taken and we bad this silent pack that I would take her photo at social events, but do it quickly and get out of her way. I did get a letter from her thanking me for working 12 to 16 hour days on special programs, but she had to be goaded into writing the letter by a corporal who worked with me, and saw that I was always there, no matter what shift it was. I definitely respected her. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I flew !!!
https://www.direct2usales.com/VEGAS.HTM

Leaving Portland

Portland.jpg

Arriving Vegas

Vegas.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines