• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do you like to do when you are not working ?

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as I remember myself I was holding a piece of paper and a color marker or a pencil. Always wanted to be an artist and paint.

As a digital artist I tend to use brushes and paint as well. But what I love most is painting in my small studio . The smell of the paint..the mess I make while I paint.

The colors and movement I can create !

so when I am not at the computer I love painting! as much as I can!

Here is a Spark presentation with my paintings!

https://spark.adobe.com/page/PDpPmzXUwP9Jh/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work Chana.

I especially like the textures in this one.   Did you use a textured medium under your oils?

I like to paint when I can carve out some time for it.  I don't have what you could call a studio so I work outdoors on my patio when weather permits.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used medium and let it dry than painted on it!!

Thank you! Love textures and colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quand je ne travaille pas, … je dors … en essayant de ne pas rêver que je suis au travail en train de travailler ! …

[soupir!]

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nothing that I do that I call work- all are passions.

Walking away from the computer after years as a designer, I am now back to being an artist and a naturalist.

So my time is working with Adobe apps, time being with nature and trying to grow green stuff to eat and share and rest, being aware of what is happening in the world, and centering myself as to what I am suppose to be doing.

Somedays it works and others not so much but the drive and determination to keep true keeps me focused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do when I'm not working on my wife's list of chores is at http://www.amazon.com/John-Thomas-Smith/e/B001KI9SUY/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many males identified with John's 'wife's list of chores' comment?  I don't get too many lists, but there's usually something that needs doing.

I'm retired, and choose to accept very few jobs nowadays, but when I am not sat in front of my computer practising whatever, I like to create in other ways.  Before I retired I worked as a design engineer, and always had access to a workshop.  So now I belong to a 'Menz Shed' where once again I have all the machine tools I need.   I'm still setting up the engineering shop, but my plans are to make a gimbal tripod head, video accessories like sliders, and jib arm. A really solid camera support system as it irks me that so much tripod design is just plain wrong.  And so much more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition

but all this month I've been fixing web sites for people that didn't listen to my advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it happens al the time , it was called genius and many people find it difficult to understand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live Community Theatre!

I wear many hats in our community theatre ....
- Vice-President
- Directing
- Acting
- Stage Managing
- Producing
- Improv
- Tech (Sound/Lights)
- Set Building
- Whatever else needs to be done .....

I probably spend almost as much time doing that as I do working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiking and cycling in areas that are too remote for cell phone service—and reading when I am at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image is better than a long speech.
It's 20 years old:

2017-09-08 15.01.07.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chana, where on Modern Family will we see your artwork this season?

I like to read when I am not on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do art! I put this Spark Page together to share at Max during community summit. So you all get a little preview .

https://spark.adobe.com/page/vLfgjqEjZYfnT/

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiking - Biking - Reading - Working Out

Refining my bucket list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

digging in the dirt- expanding my garden into the winter growth

seeking new aspirations for my creative work

thinking of all there is left to accomplish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After almost 40 years working in broadcast television, I've retired and now my hobbies are...

Video Editing and Sound Design.  Gosh I'm boring!

(When not doing DVA stuff, my other creative release tends to be cooking--Seared Tuna Tatake tonight!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines