• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Adobe release their products for Android users?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an Android user and have been really let down by the amount of iOS exclusivity in Adobe's newest products such as Fresco and Photoshop for mobile. Is there any progress being made on making these products available to everyone rather than just those who use Apple and Windows devices?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my experience, it really depends on the software or app. 

I was super happy when Fresco was release for the Wacom MobileStudio Pro as I am primarily a PC guy. 

Once cool thing that you may or may not know... the new Wacom Intuos works with Android devices.  So any Adobe software that makes it to Android... you can plug the Intuos into your tablet or smart phone!  This should be a lot of fun if you like working on Android devices.

Hope more of the apps go to Android as well!

The issue with Android tablets and iPads is they are still not computers.  So until they become more powerful, in my opinion, they still will not be able to do what a full computer can.  Example, I had an iPad for awhile and was using an app that was not from Adobe... well, once I added so many layers the app stopped working.  Why?  Because an iPad is still not a computer.  It simply can not process things like a computer.  Maybe in two or three years it will be able to.  My suggestion would be to buy a nice laptop, use the full versions of apps (not just Adobe, but even Microsoft software for example).  Computers also allow you to grow as a creative.  You may not want to do animation, video editing or 3D modeling now... but in a year you might want to try new things... so get a computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to The Lounge forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe does not discuss future products in public forums, send comments below
This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines