• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe font not working across computers??

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... I have a weird issue I can't seem to find an answer to. I have been doing design work using a font called Eras for a long time client of mine - I have had no font related issues at all. I recently bought a new computer (surface pro 5) so I could work away from home, and installed all my Adobe applications, and synced up to typekit etc. All fonts are working fine EXCEPT Eras...? And I tried to go to Typekit to see if I could discover the issue, but can't even find the font on Typekit - however it is still working no issues on my desktop and appearing in Typekit when I check though there. Not sure what is happening or how I can fix it - but this one missing font it messing me up a lot! The font does display on my surface, but it comes up with an error in my library and I can't use it to create new texts. 

TOPICS
Font rendering , Missing feature , Missing font , Offline font

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Eras is not a font that was ever offered by Adobe Fonts (previously Typekit). It is not a font that is currently distributed with Windows 10. However, it was installed on systems by various versions of Microsoft Office, at least in the past. (I don't know whether the current versions of Office install that font!)

In any case, the missing font has nothing to do with Adobe Fonts or Adobe in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eras is not a font that was ever offered by Adobe Fonts (previously Typekit). It is not a font that is currently distributed with Windows 10. However, it was installed on systems by various versions of Microsoft Office, at least in the past. (I don't know whether the current versions of Office install that font!)

In any case, the missing font has nothing to do with Adobe Fonts or Adobe in general.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines