Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fontfolio and @font-face

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm a website designer and my boss has been pushing for me to use more fonts with @Font-face, but I need to find out if I can use any of the fonts in Adobe Fontfolio or not. I know there's information about embedding liscense information here, which to me, makes it sound like I can't use any of the fonts in Adobe Fontfolio for @Font-face (since none of the fonts are listed as "Installable" here). So I just want to make sure that I'm reading things right. Are any of Adobe Fontfolio's fonts available for using @Font-face or should I just look elsewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aimkat,

linking to your original fonts via @font-face is usually not licensed. You would have to put the font files on your webserver and they would be available to everyone for download. Some vendors started to offer web licenses recently, there are free fonts available, but the Font Folio from Adobe is allowed, AFAIK.

You can always use @font-family to specify any font name, and if the viewer of the website has that font installed on their system, they will see it.

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, did you forget a ‘not’ in this sentence?: ‘Some vendors started to offer web licenses recently, there are free fonts available, but the Font Folio from Adobe is allowed, AFAIK.’

My understanding is that this is NOT allowed with the fonts in Font Folio at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, yes, of course, thanks for spotting this. I hope the "but" leads everyone in the correct direction...

I DON’T THINK you can take fonts from Font Folio and make them available for download.

I THINK you can use all Adobe fonts to create »closed media«, like Flash programs, PDF, images.

This is/was no legal advice.

- Michael

Am 30.06.2010 um 18:52 schrieb Paul Hunt:

Michael, did you forget a ‘not’ in this sentence?

Some vendors started to offer web licenses recently, there are free fonts available, but the Font Folio from Adobe is allowed, AFAIK.

My understanding is that this is NOT allowed with the fonts in Font Folio at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for answering. That was my understanding as well (that the Adobe Font Folio fonts are NOT available for

@font-face). If anyone else has information proving otherwise, please let me know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines