Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe TypeKit

Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable or stop this obnoxious Adobe TypeKit from popping up EVERY time I open a Illustrator file?

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 10.42.25 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Hi Kelly,

I appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry I haven't been more clear. That window is the missing fonts dialog box from Illustrator and isn't a window coming from Typekit. In this new CC version of the app, our logo was added to let people know they could sync fonts from Typekit as an option to resolve missing font issues. This has created a bit of confusion for users which is what we're working to resolve. I hope that makes sense.

I want Illustrator to work well for you again. We're workin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. Some users have reported an issue in the current version of the CC apps which can temporarily deactivate installed fonts. Please note that this is actually unrelated to Typekit; it just happens to occur at the time you see our logo in the missing fonts window.

We're working with the Illustrator team to improve this dialog box. I'll share your request with them. Let me know if you have any further questions or need anything else.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, I'm kinda surprised to see the exact same response that you've given me a long time ago on this topic. You seem to be skirting the issue. I don't want to see the missing fonts window - period. I never used to see this, until I started CC and now I do.I have TypeKit turned off and don't want to see it. For you to continually say it's not TypeKits fault is humorous to me. I feel like you gave me a cut and paste answer that you've been giving everyone. How 'bout you stop giving bad unacceptable answers and try and find a solution. I can see I'm not the only one - but one of many with this problem. So, let's try to find a solution instead of pointing fingers elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

Apologies for giving you the same reply. Up until recently, that was the most up-to-date information that we had. I don't mean to say we shouldn't fix it. I was explaining that Typekit in the CC app isn't the cause of the missing fonts dialog box popping up. Sorry if it came off like that.

I mentioned above that we're currently working with the Illustrator Team on this. I'm going to share your thoughts with the team. I agree that you should have more control over how missing fonts are dealt with.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I don't understand... how can this be anyone's problem but TypeKits. It's the TypeKit window that pops up that I don't want to see. If I have TypeKit turned off, why am I still getting the window. I've used Illustrator for years now and never has it given me any problems until I moved to the CC version. So, I just don't understand what your saying. The TypeKit window is my problem, not Illustrator. Illustrator has always been great informing me of fonts missing etc. I just don't want the TypeKit box popping up every time I open a document, that's all.

Thank you for your efforts in correcting this and I just hope and pray to have the patience to put up with it until it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kelly,

I appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry I haven't been more clear. That window is the missing fonts dialog box from Illustrator and isn't a window coming from Typekit. In this new CC version of the app, our logo was added to let people know they could sync fonts from Typekit as an option to resolve missing font issues. This has created a bit of confusion for users which is what we're working to resolve. I hope that makes sense.

I want Illustrator to work well for you again. We're working with them on this. Thanks again for your patience and feedback. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines