• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brickham script pro regular

New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have installed Bickham Script Pro Regular on my desktop running Windows 7. I am addressing wedding invitations. I have used this computer and printer for other weddings and never had this problem. With the Bickham Script Pro Regular I cannot get the font size/spacing correct. As I am typing this and with all other fonts I have used, the font size is very close to the cursor size. With the Bickham Script Pro Regular, the cursor is almost twice as large as what is actually typed resulting in a much bigger space between the lines. The spacing between the lines is being based on the size of the cursor and not the size of the actual font. it looks as if the lines are double spaced and I cannot get them closer. Can anyone please help me figure out what to do? I am not happy that I had to spend money on this font and now I am not be able to use it. I actually chatted last night before I purchased it and was told by the sales rep, if I had any issues with the font that I could contact technical support and he gave me the phone number. Unfortunately, that information was incorrect because technical support is not available for this issue. I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

It's possible to reduce the line spacing in Word (go to menu Format > Paragraph), but as Frank said, the letters will start getting clipped above and below.

Bickham_Word.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bickham Script indeed has a very large standard line spacing – however this is a value that can only indirectly controlled in the font.

The problem at hand is that Bickham has very tall capitals and alternate swash letters, which all need to be accommodated in a given line, without being cropped. This is why the cursor “looks large”. It’s a tradeoff.

The solution for you would be using an application in which you have full control over the line spacing; such as InDesign. An additional benefit of using InDesign, Illustrator etc. is better access to glyphs and features of the font – you will see what I am taking about once you have a look at the Glyphs palette.

I am assuming you work in MS Word – I have unfortunately not found a way to decrease the line spacing in that application.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the explanation as to why I am having this issue. I really do appreciate your help. Sadly, I am working in MS Word and do not have access to InDesign. I guess I am stuck with a font that I paid for but cannot use and have to work with a different one. Very frustrating! Thank you again so much for your help.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to reduce the line spacing in Word (go to menu Format > Paragraph), but as Frank said, the letters will start getting clipped above and below.

Bickham_Word.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines