• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you remove the windows fonts folder from Adobe software?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are all the windows (system and foreign) fonts available in Adobe software?

Isn't is possible to only use the fonts from the folder that already exists?

Whenever I open the fonts list in Illustrator I have the impression to look inside a thrashbag.

I mean really how difficult is it to set a fonts folder location in your software?

Please remove the windows fonts from Adobe software ... please!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Most users of Adobe software want and/or need access to the fonts available to non-Adobe applications as well.

There is a solution to you problem used by many Adobe customers who wish to either limit which fonts are seen by applications or to define specific subsets of fonts for particular purposes. There are a number of third party “font managers” with plug-ins to Adobe applications to allow you to choose exactly which fonts (and from where) are available to applications.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users of Adobe software want and/or need access to the fonts available to non-Adobe applications as well.

There is a solution to you problem used by many Adobe customers who wish to either limit which fonts are seen by applications or to define specific subsets of fonts for particular purposes. There are a number of third party “font managers” with plug-ins to Adobe applications to allow you to choose exactly which fonts (and from where) are available to applications.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You assigned yourself the correct answer? Nice one, sorry but I had to remove that.

You mean software such as Extensis Suitcase Fusion? I can only disable the useful fonts, not the system fonts.

Why do I need to buy and upgrade a 3rd party solution for something that simple? (Preferences -> Type - > Set Font folders)

And on top of that it doesn't work as intended.

Can't really imagine which part of your customers need the system fonts, but the few out there can always copy those fonts in the fonts directory of Adobe:

Rather, I can image Adobe has a contract with the one who's name should not be told to annoy humans on this planet or MS threatens to send hitmen after Adobe people if they don't use the windows font folder, in which case MS probably has a contract with previously mentioned indentity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using Suitcase Fusion, I would suggest using the Font Panel and creating views (or digests) within the panel. This will allow you to see the fonts you want, when you want. It will also allow you to see all your fonts without having to activate them in Suitcase Fusion for view in the Adobe drop-down menu.

For more information on the Suitcase Fusion Font Panel, please view the video in the link below:

https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012397833-Suitcase-Fusion-Auto-Activation-

Forward to the 3:57 mark in the video for Font Panel information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines