• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find record of this font existing? Please help!!!

New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I created a logo on an old computer some years ago for a family member, and I believe I used Adobe Photoshop CS2 and later modified it in either Illustrator CS2 or a free trial of Illustrator CC (I honestly do not remember. Currently do not have access to the computer it was made on, will check as soon as I do). However, recently I got a new computer and tried opening up this logo in Illustrator CC 2017, and the font cannot be found. It is saying the font is Copperplate Gothic T., yet I can find NO RECORD of this font existing anywhere. It looks exactly like some form of Copperplate, except the lowercase I looks like a typical lowercase I (I will insert picture). If someone could help me identify this mystery font, or at least find somewhere where I can at least find and purchase Copperplate Gothic T. it would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea where this font could have possibly come from, but I do know for a fact that I never downloaded or purchased such a font so it must have been one that came with the software, yet nowhere has listed this as a font that exists. There must be a different name for this font, but I don't know why it would recognize it as Copperplate Gothic T. if so? Very confused and stressed. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.35.00 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sample you posted match neither the Copperplate fonts licensed via Adobe nor those bundled by Microsoft (licensed from URW++)with Windows. They don't match the lower case ‘i’ in your sample with the dot over the base of the ‘i’. Nor do they have the name Copperplate Gothic T.

There are some websites discoverable on the web that offer a “free download” of a Copperplate Gothic T but such fonts appear to have been pirated from URW.

The font directly available from URW (or equivalent licensed via Typekit) doesn't appear to have Gothic T in their names, nor do they have that peculiar ‘i’.

Maybe others can assist you with this. Again be careful. You may be dealing with a pirated font with a rename and modifications such as you and both noted.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Search for "Copper Pot font", but consider Dov's words.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines