• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't want to start at the top of the font list every time

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you open a font menu when you have some text selected, the current font will be selected in the recent fonts part of the menu at the top. So you have to scroll back down to see it in the context of all your other fonts. This is so so so annoying if you want to brows through a long list of fonts, when you yet don't know which one you want to apply. or just look through and test different fonts. How do i get the font list to be like before and start from the place where the font is listed and not from the top.?

In indesign you can set number of recent fonts view to 0 but not in illustrator, så it will always start at the top.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Also put recent fonts to 0 in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now tried everything i can think of but its still jumps to the top of the list. Why can't you chose 0 in recent fonts like you can in in indesign, photoshop for example....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, this is giving me the s**ts too. I've got a huge font list and I want to scroll down through the list trying out various fonts, but the list always restarts from the top. This is especially painful as I've got some large font collections that do not have subgroupings, but lots of style/variants that are listed as separate fonts (whatever the terminology is - they're the top-level grouping).  I've resorted to using Photoshop or Corel for selecting my typefaces, then returning to Illustrator to make the final settings. As you've mentioned, the other annoyance is not being able to get rid of the "favourites". I'd also like to HIDE any Typekit fonts, in cases where I only want to use fonts that I have perpetual licences for, but the Typekit "filter" has no inverse. There are some other weird groupings at the top of my font list I can't figure out either...they seem pinned to the top, not listed alphabetically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Illustrator for quite some time now and it never was so anoying, it seems they decided to use the "magnificent and friendly" user design microsoft tortures their clients with.

Thanks a lot adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of clicking on the down arrow in the character box, click on the name and use the up and down arrows to scroll through the fonts. Problem with this though is when you come across a font that doesn't work with what you have written!!!  You have to press that down arrow!!!  At least this will cut out some of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue for me. Thank you Studio Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

https://forums.adobe.com/people/studio+mac3t4362085  wrote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, just what I needed. I was looking of a way to get rid of favorite fonts, because when I want to continue scrolling where I left of, it keeps jumping to the top. Obviously, this feature was developed by a product manager who doesnt need to substitue fonts or has only a few installed. The font handling in Illustrator is not helpful: Its sluggish, internet-sync is terribly slow & causes crashes. I would also like the options in the "character" menu to always be show, but instead the options keep disappearing. Aweful. Why not let the user / customer decide? I really hope Adobe will improve it soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where do i find the font preferences in photoshop.. i have ggone through all the preferences i can find but havent come across that one.. i really hate how i have to continue scrolling every time i test a font.. I also have a large font list..

thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines