• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing text in a PDF and all of a sudden the font changes

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on editing text in a PDF someone had emailed me, and all was going smoothly when all of a sudden the font I was typing in changed to something similar, but bolder than the text in the original document. I didn't change anything on purpose, so I'm not sure what happened, but even when I closed out and re-opened the original document, the edited text font was no longer matching the font in the original PDF. VERY frustrating. I see some font options on the right when in edit mode, but couldn't figure out which one was the right one - everything appeared to be in the same size based on font sizes/colors on the right - so the fix isn't obvious!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why the fonts changed is probably because you don't have the fonts used in that document installed on your system. In that case you can read the document with the correct fonts in the correct layout but when you edit the document you need the fonts  installed on your system. Many fonts are proprietary so you need to buy them to use them, using means creating or editing which does not include reading pdf documents. The moment you open the pdf for editing the fonts you do not have installed on your system are replaced with similar fonts. These fonts however have different properties, so the layout of the document will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - working in a PDF I created with font I have been using for years. When I change the type to BOLD it flips to another font for some bizare reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine do the same, ok one minute, not okay on the next line. I was filling out important documents, and going well, until I thought I'd bold one answer.  Boom, its using a font that looks like symbols! Its so annoying, especially when I pay to use the program!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines