• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font is not available or can't be used

New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the original font is not available or can't be used in editing". The font I want to use is installed in Windows. What I should do in order to use it (I need to translate a document)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Then I got an idea that Gotham which is installed on my computer doesn't support Russian. I searched information in internet but found only that Gotham is used for Web sites and supports all languages.

I examined some versions of Gotham Narrow found in the web - they don't support cyrillic characters. The Pro version is another font, and Acrobat would grumble.

Or may be it's possible to setup language fonts pairs like if original font is Gotham Narrow Medium then use Gotham Pro Narrow Medium?

No.

Do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information: Windows version, which program, font name and file type.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Trial version Adobe Acrobat DC

I want to translate (and keep formatting) from English into Russian a document with uses fonts Gotham Narrow Medium and Gotham Narrow Book.

Adobe uses font  Minion Pro when I switch to Russian and gives me a message "the original font is not available or can't be used in editing".

I checked that Gotham Narrow Medium/Book installed in Windows. Then I got an idea that Gotham which is installed on my computer doesn't support Russian. I searched information in internet but found only that Gotham is used for Web sites and supports all languages.

Anyway I searched for Gotham Narrow which supports Russian and found Gotham Pro Narrow Medium and Bold only, no Book!

Now I have already 3 questions instead of initial one:

1. Is my way of thinking on the problem is correct?

2. Is really Russian equivalent of Gotham Narrow Book doesn't exist? How, where to check?

3. How to setup default Russian font to Gotham Pro Narrow Medium? Technically Gotham Narrow Medium and Gotham Pro Narrow Medium are two different fonts and I need to manually format a text. Or may be it's possible to setup language fonts pairs like if original font is Gotham Narrow Medium then use Gotham Pro Narrow Medium?

Vera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I got an idea that Gotham which is installed on my computer doesn't support Russian. I searched information in internet but found only that Gotham is used for Web sites and supports all languages.

I examined some versions of Gotham Narrow found in the web - they don't support cyrillic characters. The Pro version is another font, and Acrobat would grumble.

Or may be it's possible to setup language fonts pairs like if original font is Gotham Narrow Medium then use Gotham Pro Narrow Medium?

No.

Doing a translation in Acrobat is not comfortable. Can't you get the original file? Or open the file in InDesign?

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines