• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Manager compatible with Adobe CC 2015 ???

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to the Adobe CC 2015, but my font manager (Suitcase Fusion 6) plugins are no more compatible with this version.

Anyone knows a compatible font manager with this version CC 2015 ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Looks like we'll all have to wait a couple weeks, going to go back to doing it the old school way and activate the fonts ourselves.

http://blog.extensis.com/adobe/extensis-support-for-adobe-creative-cloud-2105.php

It's not Adobe's fault, it's Extensis, they should be on top of this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Adobe Type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, pretty frustrating!! Really hoping Extensis will release an update ASAP, and not force us to shell out more cash to upgrade Fusion. You'd think that a seemingly minor update to CC would still let Fusion keep auto-activating?! Sort it out Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not an Adobe issue, it is an Extensis issue. I find (and have found for a looooong time) that Extensis is 2 steps behind even Quark who are ridiculously slow at being compatible with new operating systems (and is why I have moved my entire studio away from Quark—forever). Adobe is ready instantly with updates and Quark is 6-months later ALWAYS. Extensis is lame as hell and I am looking to find a better solution. Adobe is the 600 lb gorilla and one would think if Extensis wanted to play with the big dogs they would be in constant contact with Adobe to be up-to-speed to meet the needs of the billion CC users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funny, I could of sworn Quark got the latest version out in April this year (some 2 months before Adobe)??

Being in pre-press my studio has to deal with both Indesign and QuarkXpress. Whilst I prefer indesign on the whole QuarkXpress has led the way in digital publishing and is easier to use many ways. Don't slam software if you are not using the latest versions - Adobe are going the same way Quark did, getting too big for their boots with the subscription only route, poor customer support and needless updates (all things that caused Quark to lose clients). As to extensis being in constant contact with adobe, they were, just even on the day of release adobe were STILL supplying them with new versions of the software to develop for. Not even superman can write plugins for software they receive on day of release (more worryingly, adobe felt the need to recode software at the point of release)..... COME ON ADOBE, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE. Finalise your software releases and provide final versions for people like extensis to develop for at least a month prior to release NOT THE SAME DAY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quark 9 was stable. Quark 10 was/is so full of bugs I regularly had to save back to quark 9 to get output without errors in shadows, colours, lines I did not create appearing...no support for MM fonts...SO MANY THINGS I was in constant contact with Matthias Guenther...Quark's top guy...sending files to troubleshoot with no fixes, just tedious work arounds with days of waiting in between. I run a busy studio, I have no time for nonsense. Then with Yosemite, Quark dropped support for Quark 9 with NO appreciable dependability with Q10 and THEN they wanted me to by Quark 2015. Meantime jonjo1978, please don't assume anything about my software versions or experience with this software. I'm 50 and have been using Quark since it debuted. I run a busy studio with lots of intel in end-of-the-line production (I ran a studio in a prepress and print shop with 7 designers and 30 production staff for 10 years). I was one of the very last Quark hangers on until it got to the point where we could no longer meet deadlines. Since switching to Adobe, I feel nothing but stupidity for waiting so long. Quark is a pig to use by comparison. Full stop. (I could bore you to tears with examples.)

With the CC subscription, I pay WAY less than I did when BUYING  the creative suite as I get the entire software collection for $50/seat ($600/year). We bill that in 4 hours. Updates are automatic. We get Typekit, and a slew of mobile companion apps and other assets with it. Quark has NONE of that...just a buggy, stand-alone page layout software for a HUGE price. I have had great support at every turn of the road with CC. I will never go back. (I have Junior designers recreating documents from Quark to Indesign whenever they have time).

If you like it and use it, more power to you. When clients give me files to work with, it is never Quark. When they ask for indigenous files and I try to give them Quark files, it is like pulling out an American Express card in a store or restaurant. Everyone just groans.

Extensis has just released the update. (got an email today). all is well. (It worked with 2015 CC before, it just did not automatically load fonts.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichaelHope,

I think you have got a bit touchy with your reply to me to be honest. You stated Quark were always behind with software support and updates, I merely pointed out Quarkxpress 2015 was out and Yosemite native earlier than Adobe CC 2015. I assumed you had not been using a recent version of Quark (wrongly on my part so I apologise for that), I agree Q10 was very buggy - Q2105 is a joy compared! It has a very fast, intuitive interface, beautiful image preview and so far no bugs that I have found. I tend to use Quark more for digital publishing these days as I find it is far easier than Indesign in this respect, there is no coding and you can create a multi platform design simply and publish with ease, I found the digital publishing side has been better than Indesign's for quite some time. I have been running a prepress/ design studio in a very busy print shop for the past 21 years and was apprentice trained from being 16 (I started on Quark 3 and Aldus Pagemaker (now Aldus was a pig to use). I have experienced the good and bad of both Quark & Indesign. As I stated, on the whole I do like Indesign better for print projects I just find some things are more advanced in Quark and tend to get a little fed up of people bashing software as if it has no good points.

In recent times I have found Quark to have the better customer support, with Adobe seeming not to care (we have 10 Macs running Adobe CC and Quark) and in general I get a response and solution faster from Quark support. The subscription model doesn't suit my needs as well as I like to own my software - not lease it. I have at times waited to adopt the latest version of software on the bulk of my macs whilst testing on 2 of them - this could take 6-8 months, meaning I was saving on my owned products as I had no outlay until the upgrade was made universal on the other 8 machines. This amounts to a considerable sum over a period of 2 years, subscription saves you money but costs me money.

My gripe is with the software publishers (and the main point of my original post) Surely they should be supplying a stable version with time to test plugins etc., not supplying new development software to them on the day of public release. People are bashing Extensis for the lack of plugins but what chance do they have when they receive final versions of software on public release day (surely it should have been supplied to them weeks before)?

I am sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention to do so. Adobe AND Quark have failed to allow 3rd party publishers time to create products before release. This does happen every time the big two release a new version and it is getting very frustrating. Manually activating fonts is fine, but with a library of over 14000 fonts it becomes very tedious, especially when working with multiple clients each day.... I end up with hundreds of fonts open making navigating my fonts in program a time consuming chore!

Jonjo1978

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not offended Jonjo (thanks for your follow-up note). I have a different expectation WRT the updates. I realize Adobe creates updates for their CC and they come fast and furious, but if I serviced the design community (as Extensis does) with an add-on to the largest and most commonly used software solution for the design community, I would make damn sure I did not "wait to be told by Adobe there was an update coming and here are the spec's so you can stay ahead of the curve"....If I were Extensis, I would be all over Adobe like a fat kid on a smartie to ensure I was aware of the looming releases to further ensure my wee add-on software was ready to roll. There is only one creative suite (and every designer uses SOME facet...even if it is just photoshop), but there are myriad font handling softwares, and if I want people to use mine, I'd be sure I was ALWAYS ahead of the curve.

There is a company called Sonos (maybe you've heard of them)...they make equipment that goes in your home and allows you to beam music all over your house and have the same thing playing in each room or different things from different sources---and I can control this from my phone. Deezer/spotify/iTunes, internet radio, my own collection...you name it. Sonos is so on the stick, anytime ANYTHING happens like an OS or iOS update that is going to require a change to their own software, it is either right there at the release so I have NO interruption to their amazing functionality across all platforms or I get a pre-emptive email that says, "Apple is offering a security update in 4 days that might interrupt your ability to control your Sonos player. We are working on the update to the Sonos Player to work with this update and will let you know when it is available." and sure enough, within a day or so, I get another email to say, "Go ahead and update your iOS". THAT is what I'd like to see from Extensis: "Dear valued customer, we will have an updated version of our software one day after the Adobe CC 2015 launch. We recommend to ensure your fonts continue to load flawlessly as you've come to expect from Extensis, you wait one extra day before updating CC"  Wouldn't that be better than discovering your fonts don't load and having to troll around the Adobe/Extensis forums to find out if you're alone or among many with the same issue?

THAT is what irritates me. Again, it is Extensis who should be aware EVERYONE uses CC (or something like it)...so Extensis should be the one most anxious to have their "add on" work. As I result, I see this as an Extensis issue, not an Adobe issue.

Thanks jonjo. I appreciate the back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we'll all have to wait a couple weeks, going to go back to doing it the old school way and activate the fonts ourselves.

http://blog.extensis.com/adobe/extensis-support-for-adobe-creative-cloud-2105.php

It's not Adobe's fault, it's Extensis, they should be on top of this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More pain from the update, I don't care who blames who, this rubbish always ends up on the users. Still waiting to find a benefit from the update, wouldn't have time to look because I am busy whacking moles that weren't there prior to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I've the same problem to...

Do I have to go towards Adobe or towards EXTENSIS for the solution to this problem ?

When Extensis will take(bring) out its " magic " plugin DC 2015 ? Or when Adobe will make a corrective for Extensis ?

Be anxious me to inform if you have the answer, I did not find an information on the forums.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the link for Extensis, they say they are coming out with new plugins in a couple weeks, so again, not Adobe's fault. Everything else works well for me, I love how much faster Illustrator is now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Adobe and their continuous "updating" is a regular PITA. 90 minutes to update software and then find out that I'm now going to have to manually install fonts for the next umpteen weeks....doesn't sound like much of an upgrade from where I stand.

And in reference to your comment about how much faster Illustrator now functions - well, it's still not going to make up for the time lost chasing fonts. Or figuring out how it now functions after their "upgrade".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem bitter, again Adobe does not make Extensis Suitcase, Extensis does.

If it's not working for you well in production, just use CC 2014, it still works just as good as it did before CC 2015 came out.

Also it's crazy to think back that we didn't used to have Auto Activation on fonts, how did we ever get any work done activating them ourselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, does my tone translate without use of expletives? Wonderful!

I don't care to get into the blame game between massive developers.

I do know Extensis just sent me a lot of promotions in the last few days for the massively priced Portfolio software that is way out of my budget. But you can be sure when they are ready to update Suitcase Fusion I'll get another bill.

My CC software took 2 days to update and kindly deleted all the 2014 apps without asking me.

I used to work without Auto Activation, back in the day when I only had a few hundred fonts to manage... and back in the day when you weren’t competing with other designers in time so much...

I lost most of my plugins and had to reinstall manually, lost all my actions, had to load them all again, lost ability to output PDF proof sheet in Bridge and had to manually install the Output Module...

I have a right to be bitter, I just want to do my job as a designer, not fix my computer every time an update comes out. Why do I allow Adobe and Apple and all the other Devs collect anonymous data from my computer if they can't work out in 2015 how to make it all work nicely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design-Kink wrote:

Oh, does my tone translate without use of expletives? Wonderful!

I don't care to get into the blame game between massive developers.

I do know Extensis just sent me a lot of promotions in the last few days for the massively priced Portfolio software that is way out of my budget. But you can be sure when they are ready to update Suitcase Fusion I'll get another bill.

My CC software took 2 days to update and kindly deleted all the 2014 apps without asking me.

I used to work without Auto Activation, back in the day when I only had a few hundred fonts to manage... and back in the day when you weren’t competing with other designers in time so much...

I lost most of my plugins and had to reinstall manually, lost all my actions, had to load them all again, lost ability to output PDF proof sheet in Bridge and had to manually install the Output Module...

I have a right to be bitter, I just want to do my job as a designer, not fix my computer every time an update comes out. Why do I allow Adobe and Apple and all the other Devs collect anonymous data from my computer if they can't work out in 2015 how to make it all work nicely?

I couldn't agree with you more !!  In this day and age it really is time these massive developers started collaborating better with each other instead of causing misery to us users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that with the upgrades I am finding I have to re-save any file from an earlier version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I totally agree. This cloud utility paradigm sucks. My Mr. Retro filters have to be re-installed on a regular basis. And now auto-activation doesn't work. Arrgh...Of course, every time I start to gripe about shit like this I think of Louis C.K.'s diatribe about technology and how quickly we have taken for granted the technological progress we've made. It's cold comfort but it does make me less whiny. Louis CK - Hilarious - Part 6 - Cell Phones And Flying - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

OK, it's more fast but... many BUG and relaod (with repports to Adobe)... May be it will better tomorro

OK, faster but...  many bug and restart (with report to Adode)... It will be better tomorrow, after corrective ADOBE.

For Extensis, they should have faster reacted and to bring out a plugin at the same time as the DC 2015 version! Damage.
Thank you for this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright everyone, this thread is about Extensis suitcase, which just updated for CC 2015. Discussion over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so fast - not working right at this time. Sure it may turn them on but still have to go through the list and choose the font and change all. Also I am having those weird font issues like the way old days. Doing strange things, bogging down etc. Quick fix yes correct? Hum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extensis Suitcase released today an update that works perfectly with the new CC 2015...

Finally...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 2015 and installed suitcase 6, activated the plugin for 2015, I've restarted and everything and it is not activating my fonts. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no joy for Windows user base. The guy I deal with at Extensis thought it would be by the end of the month. Unfortunately he was talking about June. Situation normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines