• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Manager to organize Japanese-Chinese Fonts

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I running CS4 on WindowsXP - system language is English set up to display and edit Asian languages. I do a lot of work with Asian advertisers and have a many hundreds of Chinese and Japanese language fonts in a special fonts folder in addition to thousands of western fonts. I have so many fonts on my computer that I don't want to place them all in the Fonts folder in the Control Panel. Can anyone reccomend a good font manager that will enable me to create fonts sets and display the asian fonts as well as the western. I've tried FontExpert 2009 and Extensis Suitcase, but neither will display the asian fonts properly within the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific about in what way(s) the font managers you've tried haven't displayed names correctly?

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I chose a font in the left panel of the font manager app to display its properties in the right panel, with Western fonts the program will display the alphabet or a sentence (depending on what I've set up in preferences) composed with that particular font. Bit no such views appear for Asian fonts. In fact, neither program seems capable of dislaying Japanese of Asian characters ANYWHERE within that right panel even within the character set. Furthermore, most Chinese font names are displayed as ??????? - tho a few do display correctly in the left panel. Japanese font names are all Romanized so that isn't a problem. I was wondering if there is some font manager that is particularly good with Asian language character fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines